February 08, 2023, 03:57:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Unable to restart player remotely  (Read 4493 times)

trujillojuanp

Unable to restart player remotely
« on: July 22, 2009, 06:09:44 AM »
Hi,
The player seems to be very unstable. It will stop working once I upload changes, but my biggest issue is that it wont restart remotely with the stations. I have tried to reboot, ping, restart and none of the above seem to work.  Any ideas or recommendations on how to solve this issue or what might be causing it?

admin

• Administrator
Re: Unable to restart player remotely
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 07:51:10 AM »
From our vast testing the AIRPlayer is 98% stable.
Thus we are in beta. We are working on the last feature called the Watchdog Plugin which is a C++ driver which will make finish the last 2% making the AIRPlayer 100% reliable.

Even if everything crashes (including the OS) the Plugin will take care of EVERYTHING and reboot the PC.
The Watchdog plugin is due around the beginning of Aug 09.

So please stay tuned.

Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

FYI

If you have issues on regular basic be sure to check that you allow inbound and outbound traffic on port 336 in your firewalls and routers as we use this port for AIRPlayer communication.

admin

• Administrator
Re: Unable to restart player remotely
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 12:29:52 AM »
We did find a couple of bugs that have to do with the remote reboot and are coming out with release 1.6 to address these issues around Sep 09.

David.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines