July 20, 2019, 03:06:46 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: [BUG] Studio or Android Player...  (Read 3770 times)

cloud

• View Profile
[BUG] Studio or Android Player...
« on: March 23, 2013, 07:14:25 AM »
Hi!

I'm using last versions of Studio (last official version) and Android Player (updated via PlayStore).

Occasionally happens these two bugs, one of them happens most times:

1 - The android device I'm using is connected 15 hours a day.
Occasionally appears in the Studio Controller is "Running". ??

2 - Many times I try to see a screenshoot of the screen, and the screen goes blank, if I try to do this again, it seems that the Android Player crashs, because after that the device is offline in the Studio.

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
Re: [BUG] Studio or Android Player...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:02:37 AM »
I think snapshot only works with PC signage players.  It needs signage controller to be running in order to take snapshot.
Android player doesn't have signage controller unless you buy the hardware from media signage.
If you are using your own hardware and downloading from Google play then no signage controller.

cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 04:00:10 PM »
I think snapshot only works with PC signage players.  It needs signage controller to be running in order to take snapshot.
Android player doesn't have signage controller unless you buy the hardware from media signage.
If you are using your own hardware and downloading from Google play then no signage controller.

Sometimes the screenshoots from Android Player works...  ???

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:31:58 PM »
@Cloud : In Android players i have a huge problem : When one video is playing the previous video's sound is getting played and also whenever a video starts a small bit of the video starts and then the new one plays. This is becoming a huge dampner for me. I cant see Admin people answering on the forum , Can somebody share whether they have faced the problem and solved it or living with it.

cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 08:19:15 AM »
@Cloud : In Android players i have a huge problem : When one video is playing the previous video's sound is getting played and also whenever a video starts a small bit of the video starts and then the new one plays. This is becoming a huge dampner for me. I cant see Admin people answering on the forum , Can somebody share whether they have faced the problem and solved it or living with it.

Only "solved" this problem by creating a new channel on top, then put a video transition transparent (duration 2 seconds) between each transition videos, and has been beautiful, was the only way to "solve" the problem.
But if you just let this video transition, the Player has a bug in the video, even though it is not on the timeline, keep repeating all the time. So where is not he, put an image in PNG transparent to stop playing when he is not on the timeline, ie, only for him to play in transitions.

example:

Channel 1:     VIDEO 1           ->            VIDEO 2                ->          ....
Channel 2:     (PNG) ->  (TRANSITION) -> (PNG)  ->  (TRANSITION) ->   ......

cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 08:30:11 AM »
Look this example of my timeline:

Take care about this:

I'm using Android. To get the device to play it without problems, I needed that video transition had a very low resolution, 360P. When I put HD resolution, some videos, and played very slow transition.

But if you do it right, it will be very good.  ;D

>>>>>> I turned off the transition effects in Signage Studio.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:35:57 AM by cloud »

cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »
UPDATE about the problem of number 2:

The original problem:
2 - Many times I try to see a screenshoot of the screen, and the screen goes blank, if I try to do this again, it seems that the Android Player crashs, because after that the device is offline in the Studio.

In many tests:

When the first attempt to take a screenshoot does not work, and I close the window it was the screenshoot to appear. If I try to take a screenshoot again, Signage Studio shows the station as Offline, but when I check the station, everything is working properly and the status window shows that the station is "Connected", the internet station is working, but the Player no longer updates the content (CustomRSS, ...), it is as if only the player disconnects from the internet.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines