February 20, 2020, 02:42:19 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Would the hardware mentioned below for a 3x3 video wall be good enough  (Read 5484 times)

dsign

• View Profile
Hi, we are working on a project for a 3x3 video wall and below is the hardware configuration of the media player we are going to use with media signage as our digital signage software, do you reckon its good enough to support a 3x3 video wall?

Mother board: micro Atx asus Rampage IV
RAM:  4 gb dimm, 2 of those
Processor: intel core i7 3.6 ghz
Hard Drive: 250gb SATA
Operating System: Windows POS ready 7 64bit
Graphics: Radeon HD 5570 - 1 GB DDR3, 3 OF THOSE

Any suggestions about the hardware and experienced feedback  with 3x3 video walls with reference to media signage would be appreciated. Thanks

warwickwater

• View Profile
Just to be clear you are running a single video feed (presumably DVI / HDMI) from this box then using the video wall hardware to split it for each screen?

If so then the machine need be no more powerful then if it were outputting one feed for a standard HD TV. Obviously the onscreen resolution will be much reduced across 3x3 screens, but thats the same no matter what the software solution.

Are you (or your client) sure that 9 separate screen outputs, each showing something different, wouldnt look more visually impressive, TV new studio backdrop style?

dsign

• View Profile
Well we are not going to use a video wall splitter to bleed the content across the 9 screens, we will actually use HDMI outputs which will play individual content from time to time or perhaps one big animation from one single powerful computer. Do you think this should work fine? Any suggestions? Thanks.

warwickwater

• View Profile
I'm not sure how you would output 9 HDMI feeds from one PC - regardless of your budget. Whilst I have never tried it (or had the budget) I think it is rather out of (free) MediSignage's league to be powering 9 video outputs simultaneously - even if it is technically possible. 

Frankly if you have the budget for 9 commercial zero bezel screens and the monster PC to drive it, you probably need to notch up the budget a little more and pay for the software side too!

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I need to use 2 nos of 55" TV's adjacent to each other with single PC as videowall, One TV already has a built in icore7 PC, what graphics card would you suggest so that i can bleed the content from one screen to other screen.

warwickwater

• View Profile
2 screens side by side isnt such a big deal - the PC I am typing this on has 2 Dell 24" screens each 1920 x 1200, and when I run Signage player on it, it defaults to stretching the content over both even on an ancient dual head card.... but ....

As ever it depends on the content  - a series of JPG stills is a world away from superwide true HD video at 30fps. Bearing in mind MediaSignage suggests you actually use 480p material for 'HD', prepare to be a little underwhelmed - the whole Adobe Air basis for the app isn't the most efficient use of your hardware, and you are definitely a lot higher end than where I image they thought their 'free' software would be used!

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
hi dsign
that hardware is ok but them graphics cards will give you only 6 x total output unless they are display port models instead of hdmi.  if display port models then you can get 9 x output using active dp to hdmi adapter.

dsign

• View Profile
Hello GRAFIXMEDIA,

We will have 3 Radeon HD 5570 graphic cards and each has 4 DVI outputs, total of 12 outputs but we will be using 9 outputs for 3x3 wall. Thanks.

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
Hi
Confusing stuff
I was referring to ATI Radeon HD 5570 which only come with 3 out puts and in two different versions, HDMI & Display Port version.
http://www.amd.com/uk/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/hd-5570/Pages/hd-5570-overview.aspx

But the one you are talking about are in fact VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 5570 SFF models two different manufactures.
http://www.visiontek.com/vhdci/hd-5570-4-port-dvi-d.html

I have no hands on experience with the VisionTek model so couldn’t say much.

Only thing I could advice you is to make sure you have big enough power supply to drive all them cards and feed the monitors otherwise you will get system crashes.

Let us know how you got on by updating on your progress.

dsign

• View Profile
Yes, its a VisionTek. I will keep you posted our experience with this custom system. Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines