November 20, 2018, 07:58:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Android Signage Player will not update with changes  (Read 1654 times)

nealmp

• View Profile
Android Signage Player will not update with changes
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:45:56 PM »
Hello,
I recently purchased a android mini pc and have been testing you android signage player to see if it is the right solution to our company's needs. During testing a problem I found was that if I made changes to signage studio, and saved and updated all players (either through the save dialog, or through the stations menu) it will not update on the player unless I manually go to it, close it and reopen it. Can someone help me out here. Thanks.

Neal

Edit: One thing i forgot to clarify, as per my knowledge the signage player should close, and when it reboots thats when the data is supposed to update, right? Well it does not close. So i have to manually go to the unit and close it. I already have an app to restart the player a min after it closes, but the problem currently means that any updates I make to the campaign is not reflected in the player until manual intervention occurs
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:22:17 AM by nealmp »

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
Re: Android Signage Player will not update with changes
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »
Android player is bit different to PC Player.

on Android player you update like this.

On Studio go to stations and select your Android station and then click on PLAY icon. 
Make sure save changes and update station are ticked.

Your Android player should update now with new changes.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines