August 20, 2019, 10:50:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Can u add an item rss as data?  (Read 1435 times)

smart

• View Profile
Can u add an item rss as data?
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:20:58 PM »
i have a feed rss as it: Title, description and eventdate (in text format) but with customer RSS i can manage only 2 fields for text format (i don't need resources).it is because my customer insert those informations in a form that generate a feed rss as i exposed before. why do not you add an additional field in xml as a data item (which reads, in fact from the feed)?
This is my rss generated:
<rss version="2.0"><channel><title>Feed comunicazioni ISTITUTO</title><link>h t t p ://cms.mysiste. it/</link><description>Feed rss comunicazioni</description><language>en-us</language><item><title>Istituto</title><description>Apertura fino alle ore 14.00</description><eventdate>2013-03-29</eventdate></item><item><title>School</title><description>Sospensione delle attivitv.</description><eventdate>2013-03-25</eventdate></item></channel></rss>
So, the item Resources isn't good for me, because evendate is in format text.
Thank you.

cloud

• View Profile
Re: Can u add an item rss as data?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:34:56 AM »
You say to be able to show more items from XML? Items you could choose what you want to show?

If so, it would be great to have this option because only the title, description and image, sometimes are not enough.

Have one more option among the 3 items CustomRSS (title, description, resource): "Custom Field".
And after selecting him appear a "input / textarea" under the "menu select" to write the name of the field. In your example XML could write the name of the field: "EventDate." And the system show that field if it exists.

;D

smart

• View Profile
Re: Can u add an item rss as data?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:49:01 AM »
Sorry, i was in foul. My correct question is:
why do not you add an additional field in rss as a data item (which reads, in fact from the feed)?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines