October 28, 2020, 12:54:23 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: HTML component roll as credits  (Read 2121 times)

HVL

• View Profile
HTML component roll as credits
« on: March 04, 2013, 02:55:04 AM »
Hi friends  ;)

I have been enabling some of my clients to themselves add text content live to their presentations.
I'm using a simple online HTML-editor (which one shouldn't mean a difference). I simply assign an HTML document to a screen division, and let them edit the HTML document (which has some preset settings - e.g. the size. Now one of my clients asks me if it is possible to make a screen division in which he himself is able to edit the text, but where the text rolls as "credits" after a movie..  ::)
The only way I can imagine this being possible is to simply construct a scene that "moves" as shown in some of your guides. But this way the size of the HTML-document has to be preset, and therefore the idea behind having this "credit-like" text is really non existing. What would be perfect, is if it somehow was able to adjust to the size of the document, so that when there's a lot of text it rolls through all of it, and if there's only a single line or two it only rolls through them. This way it won't roll over a lot of empty space, given he does not have a lot of text.

Is this even possible? Enlighten me, please, I'm really curious about this one.
Thanks in advance  :)

Nick
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:06:51 AM by HVL »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HTML component roll as credits
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:30:15 AM »
Try using the embedded text RSS Component feature if it will fit your needs.

http://www.digitalsignage.com/html/reseller_video.html?videoNumber=16

Regards.

HVL

• View Profile
Re: HTML component roll as credits
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 11:19:47 PM »
Thank you, I'll look into it today  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines