December 13, 2019, 09:04:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: XML Troubles  (Read 6416 times)

digitalzack

• View Profile
XML Troubles
« on: February 19, 2013, 05:01:50 AM »
Hi

I have this XML Feed:http://luminated.at/ddmg/output_news.xml - and I want to use it with the "Headline", "Text" and the "Image" - but nothing appears with the xml Player component. And i don't know what the item.path is

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

greets

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: XML Troubles
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 07:51:33 PM »
I will see if I cannot take a look at it tomorrow.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »
I sent an email with the specifics and tested it. Let me know if there is anything else.

digitalzack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 02:10:25 AM »
thanks for your help criley - now it works with title, text and headline :)

But the problem is the image (you mentioned that in the mail also) - and i found one topic where you said this a long time ago (http://script.digitalsignage.com/forum/index.php/topic,1891.msg6641.html#msg6641) - so i think the developers changed nothing to improve that.

The Image won't appear - and if I change from resource to text - the path from the image appears....

At least an answer why the images won't appear would be great...!

scannercop

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 07:46:28 AM »
Hi, I am trying to figure how the xml-player works but I cant get to work. Nothing is showing in the player/scene. I´ve tested various attributes, item paths and so on.
My source is: feed:www.infotavla.se/select_car.xml

I need urgent help.

Regards Rolle

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:25:38 AM »
There seems to be some bug in your XML, i am getting this error:This page contains the following errors:

"error on line 1918 at column 23: Extra content at the end of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error"

digitalzack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 11:01:24 AM »
@Scannercop

definitly a bug in your xml ... can't work if there is an error

anybody can help with my problem??

@admin?

edit:
ideas? solutions? something? ... your live chat gave me the email addy for this problem, but from this mail addy I didn't get an answer...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:27:47 AM by digitalzack »

digitalzack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 02:44:36 AM »
*push*

at least an answer would be nice ...

digitalzack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 09:23:11 AM »
finally i got an answer (thanks @eric) - he said: "Please  use direct links to the images, like http://www.digitalsignage.com/assets/images/u2fithand.png"

well in my case i can imagine this, my image links are not direct links...

@criley - hopefully you read this ;)

can you remember if you used direct links in your thread? I reckon that you used direct links ... and it also didn't work, or?

signergyx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:00:34 AM »
After try using xml from BRAZILIANS WEBSITES like YAHOO, TERRA, UOL, CLIMA TEMPO in free version, without success, becouse in video when we put RESOURCE in RSS CUSTOM show image just in RESOURCE TAG SPACE, in software show in DESCRIPTION AND RESOURCE PLACE, in all rss custom or some news thats software offer.

Sorry per my english becouse i´m a brazilian and my born language is portuguese not english, thanks for understanding this.

Ok, i pay per ENTERPRISE VERSION, its cute and interesting version, and yes i know thats some brazilian users maybe dont pay and prefer FREE VERSION.

Yes we love free stuff, but otherwise we think we're the guys ´per pay world's most expensive JEEP CHEROKEE around 198K in real (BRL) or 100k U$D. but back to business.

In CUSTOM RSS show images in both places RESOURCE and DESCRIPTION (no like video said), i need change my XML SCHEMA inmy contentme app where my customers post news, internal contents (Marketing, Human Resources, etc..), when i try using with other XML  solution like XML PLAYER i see thats works totally diferent and thats had problems too, dont work nice with UOL RSS and again my customers talking WHERE STAY MY NEWS ???
I think ok, i gone to scene import/export like MEDIA SIGNAGE VIDEO EXPLAIN, get source code of WEATHER or other RSS scene and see the source code, make some changes to get brazilian weather or brazilian news portals and my customer be happy. BEEEPPPP!!!!

Now get scene source code are not alowed more!!!! WHAT A HELL ?????

No more source code, no more LINUX player upgrades (if i dont like use ANDROID PLAYER ? example one of my customer have 250 pcs running other linux ds solution, we dont will renew with this supplier, and will change to MSignage solution, in other susbcription) but i never will convince my customer to buy another 250 players now in android, after he paid $ 350 in each of the 250 pc's to give it and invested 87.5 K in this pcs last year, which should go to waste if I migrate this customer Msignage.

Snif linux users CRY with mee.

Some help ?

1. what i need put in my flash code (i try using my old flash content where we using txt file and some php files to read xml in local machine) and player dont play this flash i dont know why) to read weather.
2. what i need put in my flash code, to read TITLE, RESOUCE, DESCRIPTION of rss

or

A) how i show just resouce image in rss custom player
B) how i show in xml player ?

with this i´ll try save this costumer

cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »
After try using xml from BRAZILIANS WEBSITES like YAHOO, TERRA, UOL, CLIMA TEMPO in free version, without success, becouse in video when we put RESOURCE in RSS CUSTOM show image just in RESOURCE TAG SPACE, in software show in DESCRIPTION AND RESOURCE PLACE, in all rss custom or some news thats software offer.

You need to get this XML with your custom script;
And then with another script, you will show the correct XML to the system read the new "correctly" XML.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines