July 17, 2019, 01:23:57 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Lagging Video's  (Read 6352 times)

Ryan12

• View Profile
Re: Lagging Video's
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 07:23:52 AM »
I guess it will be the same, the only problem is that we have 3 different floors.
Aswell the screens won't be standing next to each other ofcourse.

The customers also do not want to see any plugs.
this could scare them away.

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »
Use single computer with i3 or i5 CPU with Nvidia Geforce GPU.
Search for HDMI Signal splitter and HDMI to Cat5/6 sender/receiver
Use poweline networking between floors, you can get over 200Mbps ones that work great with HD content.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 07:34:02 PM »
Grafixmedia has some really good points.

The problem is that you are looking for a BMW at the price of a Bicycle.

I think you will want a minimum of an i5 processor. If you are going to try and split the signal. I am not familiar with the powerline devices and the signal strength for distance that they can achieve, however I am familiar with the concept. I am not sure the size of your store. Running through cat5/6 cable you are looking at a maximum of 100 meters. I am not sure if it will be the same using copper power cable. My GUESS is much less. A decent HDMI splitter/Distribution Amp using RJ45 will run you around 1,300 Euros. So for a machine and splitter you should be able to get away with 2,100-2,300 Euros which is really cheap for what you have.

Or you could go the route of individual devices for each monitor and either use the mediaDROID-100 or mediaBOX-200. I would probably go with the mediaBOX-200, but the mediaDROID-100 is half the price and may be able to handel what you need. The mediaDroid route will cost about 1,125 Euros while the MediaBOX will cost about 2,250 Euros. This way you have 5 computers instead of 1 and have no cables. The mediaBOX-200 does have two output ports sou you could potentially use only 3 mediaBoxe-200s which would only cost about 1,200 Euros. But the issue is depending on how close the screens that are being shared will be, because I would't run an HDMI signal beyond 15 meters. Try to keep it as close to 10 meters or less if you can when running through HDMI Cable.

I am sure this is not what you wnated to hear, but I am a firm believer of using the right tools for the job. My Dad was an Engineer, so I get that from him.  ;D

Also the Euros are calculations from USD.

Chris

I meant to put this in as well.... The best thing about having 5 separate computers besides having redundancy is that I am sure you will want to eventually have different content running on each screen depending on what the store is selling. Clothing stores would need this especially. You can accomplish this with sharing the same computer and building your campaign like a video wall, but it is not optimal unless you need them in sync. Just my two cents worth.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:37:47 PM by criley »

Ryan12

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 12:21:36 AM »
I would like to thank you for the information.

Hope this will give the people around here more sense about the product that we want to have in our store!

Greetz,

Ryan

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines