February 28, 2021, 11:30:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Windows Popup input username and password mars.signage.me?  (Read 6712 times)

AndrewL

• View Profile
Windows Popup input username and password mars.signage.me?
« on: January 29, 2013, 07:38:06 PM »
Hello,

My signage presentation was halted with a popup window asking for my username and password. I am using a Netgear Mobile Hub on the Bell Canada Network. This is the message:

"The server mars.signage.me at NETGEAR MBR1516 requires a username and password."

The first time I just hit cancel and everything continued as normal. The second time days later when it popped up I put in my accounts username and password and it seemed to accept it..

Are you able to shed some light on this for me?

Thanks,

Andrew

conexia

• View Profile
Re: Windows Popup input username and password mars.signage.me?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 10:20:06 PM »
That's the same I was suffering in jan 9th. http://script.digitalsignage.com/forum/index.php/topic,2508.msg8798.html#msg8798
but got no response from support.
The windows security level is lowest possible.
I've changed the Player PC and the new one (that was working right at my office) gets the same error at the customér's place.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 05:45:35 AM »
These question is for both of you...

Are you running your system with wireless or ethernet?

What type of connection do you have to your ISP? (T circuit, DSL, Dialup, Cable, Fios)

Based on both of your issues, it is your router asking for the credentials, and has nothing to do with MediaSignage. You system is going out to their site and your router is saying it needs authentication to access the internet to get to that site. If you are running DSL, these typically require a username and password for your ISP to access the internet. There have been issues with Viruses/Malware mimicking the same issue. Please run a scan on your systems. I highly recommend using Malwarebytes as an additional tool and should be run in Safe Mode.

This is the only thing I can think of as to why your router would be asking for credentials. If it was not your router, I would suggest adding medissignage to the Trusted Sites area in IE, if that is what you are using. I guess it couldn't hurt anyway.

conexia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 08:14:13 AM »
Are you running your system with wireless or ethernet?
ETHERNET

What type of connection do you have to your ISP? (T circuit, DSL, Dialup, Cable, Fios)
DSL

Based on both of your issues, it is your router asking for the credentials, and has nothing to do with MediaSignage. You system is going out to their site and your router is saying it needs authentication to access the internet to get to that site. If you are running DSL, these typically require a username and password for your ISP to access the internet. There have been issues with Viruses/Malware mimicking the same issue. Please run a scan on your systems. I highly recommend using Malwarebytes as an additional tool and should be run in Safe Mode.
It had not happen before, and I have just opened ports 336 and 80 in the router trying to fix the problem

This is the only thing I can think of as to why your router would be asking for credentials. If it was not your router, I would suggest adding medissignage to the Trusted Sites area in IE, if that is what you are using. I guess it couldn't hurt anyway.
And I don´t know what user and pass I need for it. Would the router access user and pass work?

Thanks for your help

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:55:28 AM »
You could certainly try, but where the router settings are for your ISP, there should be a username and password area there. Sometimes they also require a domain name for authentication. If your router had been reset somehow or if the IPS changed any of their settings, this could cause the issue.

I am just trying to give any thought I can on this.

AndrewL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 10:47:30 AM »
Thank you for the feedback -

Just wanted to give an update on this issue..

I believe that the mobile (cell tower signal) router is actually timing out the internet unless we are telling it to stay connected via a user name and password box.

We are still looking into this with Bell Canada to see if we can configure the router to not timeout. Previous models of mobile hubs that we are using stay connected 24/7 but it seems like the newest one does not. There is a setting within the router to stop the timeout but it requires a custom configuration which hopefully Bell will give us.

Another solution that we may do is attaching an automated power timer (like what you would use for Christmas lights for your house for example). We will shut off the router every 24 hours for 5 minutes then turn it back on. This will probably reset the auto timeout by another 48 hours.

We will see -

Thanks,

Andrew

conexia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 08:40:02 AM »
Yesterday I set a TeamViewer session to the remote PC and wrote the router's user and password  that my customer gave in the login window tha appears.
It seems to be working now.
My customer told me that some weeks ago their ISP changed the router for a new one.
Maybe there was the problem.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »
@Conexia.. Glad to hear your issue may be fixed. Time will tell.

@AndrewL... It looks like you're on the right track. I had an issue about a year ago with an IP phone system install where the router had timeout issues as well with the keep alive settings. We changed routers and all was well since.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines