February 20, 2020, 07:09:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Stations are not connected to the signage studio  (Read 2612 times)

MichaelP

• View Profile
Stations are not connected to the signage studio
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:56:51 AM »
Hi there is a big problem since yesterday. Many of my stations are not connected to the signage studio. I checked my stations remote with vpn and if I open the signage player control panel, I see that the station should be connected. Is there a serverproblem at the moment or what can I do?

Best Regards!

Michael

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stations are not connected to the signage studio
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »
I checked the logs and all is good on our end.
Can you have the stations rebooted to see if it solves your issue?

MichaelP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 12:43:27 AM »
Hi,

my stations restart ervery day by shutting down, and start in the morning. During the first disruption there were two restarts, but that didn't solve the problem. Today I did  a remote session to the stations and restarted only the signage player. All 20 stations are now connected. Tomorrow morning we will see if the problem is solved. But what could be the reason for this? All stations work for nearly an half year without troubles and at the same day the lost connection?

Thx for you support

Michael

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 05:19:46 AM »
Could have been your ISP. The best of them are known to go down once in a while. Also making sure that auto updates are turned off on your windows boxes is the best move. Maybe Windows sent down an update that forced them all to reboot and it never finished the reboot phase completely.

MichaelP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:20:40 AM »
The problem is solved. I restarted only the signage player remote on the stations. Now they are since 1 week connected. I don't know the issue of problem but its working.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines