January 24, 2020, 05:01:31 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 3697 times)

KingPro

• View Profile
Screenshots
« on: June 03, 2012, 03:57:29 AM »
When i try to take a screenshot from signage studio, the program often hangs, and i have to restart. This has been happening for a long time, on many of my computers.

My previous program had a great solution where i could go to a webpage and look at screenshots of all my compouters on one page. I could set the interval for screnshots, 1 hour was my preferred time.

The green/red light is a great tool, but sometimes there is a problem, but it lights green. Sometimes i have screens that are black, they could be finished with playing all advertising and i have forgotten about filling the time with "filler" pictures. There could be a problem with a RSS newsfeed. Some advertizing could be outdated. Small things.

But i only notice those things when i am inspecting a location, and some remote places seldom get inspected.

I want to deliver a great product, but i cannot drive to all my locations constantly, to check whats playing.

A screenshot solution where i can see all my screens on one webpage is a great solution, and i would instantly see if something is off.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:31:03 AM »
Are you using a Linux PC? Is so that's why. Linux has been discontinued and so we don't support enhancing it.
Windows Screen shot would work with no issues!

KingPro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 03:00:24 AM »
I use windows 7. It has always been a problem to take screenshots for me.

It has been problematic sometimes, after changing lots of things, then taking a screenshot of someting, and it hangs, without me saving first. 

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 04:34:46 AM »
We only see this happen when either the sigange player computer, the studio computer or both computers have very slow internet access.  Also make sure the signage controller is running or else the screencap wont work.

KingPro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:08:26 AM »
Thats it then, i am often on 3g.

I still think it would be a nice feature to se all, or at least more screnns with one click.

globalimages69

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 03:23:56 PM »
I also get this feature to only show 1 of my screens, although they all share one large windows desktop (4 screens across two vga controllers). At least up to the 3.2 player, I still haven't tried 4.x

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 03:37:47 AM »
Yes, this is a limitation to the current release, when you do a screen cap for multi monitor setups, it will only capture the main screen.

KingPro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 01:12:08 AM »
My suggestion on several screen shots at once, is still a good one. If serious customers want this to be a good stable solution, they need to have a quick one page look at all the computers at once.

I understand that you guys have a lot on your plate now, but please consider this feature in future versions of your software.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »
we do have on our road map to support a timed multi screen shot feature.
FYI, this can be developed today by yourself using the API of the Ad engine as it does give you the ability to do remote screen shot for all your stations so you can essentially script a timed sequence that could be automated as a standalone app.

KingPro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 03:42:53 AM »
I want to bring up my idea again, after other people have suggested different solutions for screenshots.

Here are my top important features for mediasignage
1. Stability
2. Get the ads out easily (removed feauture, hope to see again)
3. Screenshots of all screens at one place to confirm that said ads are showing on the screens.
4 Reports to customers that ads have been played. but useless without #2.

Reports are good, but screenshot is essensial to KNOW that all screens are running ok.

If i was calling the shots, these are the things i would proritize over anything else, because without it, its hard for someone to make money on this.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:50:56 AM by KingPro »

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 10:21:23 AM »
@KingPro,

#4 is already here. It is called Proof of Play. There is a video in the Tutorials if you have not seen this yet.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines