November 19, 2019, 06:14:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Suggestion: Bring back photo slideshow scenes that were removed.  (Read 3924 times)

greeneva

• View Profile
You need to bring back the photo slide show scenes that used to be available. I'm talking about "caurosel 3D", "depth gallery", "flyingimages", and "photoshuffle". These were very handy for displaying photo slideshows. My customers want them back.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Bring back photo slideshow scenes that were removed.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:29:24 PM »
we are developing a new framework for new slide shows as the previous ones are not compatible with 4.0 due to the new SDK.

lakeiser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »
Would these components / functions solve the issue I'm working on as well?

"12:46Lee A Keiser II: I want to run my screens with a single full-screen screen division for the moment. I would like to cycle the players between 1) paid Ads, 2) Content Filler and 3) Venue Promotions. How do I use the collection component to display its contents in a randomized, or at least sequential, fashion? if I need to start and stop the collection player to cycle between the 3 different collections (which keeps displaying the first item in each collection)?
12:53Ron O: I see watch this video tutorial for more information
12:53Ron O: [external link removed]
12:53Ron O: is there anything else?
12:53Lee A Keiser II: I've watched that video several times and didn't see how to randomize it (or cycle between different collections).
12:54Lee A Keiser II: Did I miss something or is that info not in there?
12:54Ron O: unfortunately on the part of randomizing content its not possible
12:54Ron O: it will just loop
12:55Lee A Keiser II: is there another component for putting in randomized "filler" content?
12:55Ron O: but if you put it in a channel then you can check on the randomize option for the channel
12:55Ron O: that way the videos on the channel will be randomized
12:56Lee A Keiser II: Are there features of the collection component that are coming up in a new release that may resolve this situation?
12:56Ron O: that I cannot answer
12:57Ron O: but you have a very good suggestion to add as a feature for the collection component
12:57Ron O: what we can do there is to put it in the boards
12:57Ron O: access the forums and look for the thread applicable to it
12:57Ron O: update the thread or create a new one if its not available
12:58Lee A Keiser II: ok..
12:58Ron O: forums.digitalsignage.com
12:58Lee A Keiser II: thank you.."

Lee...

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 07:56:02 PM »
I would also love to see the feature of 1) random playing of the resources in the collection component. 2) Changing the Sequence of the resources in the component, moving up and down. Collection component is very powerful for users with multiple campaigns having the same resources in channel, one update in the collection component will do the update on all the channels.

KRob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 12:28:08 PM »
.... Wait a minute.  We're using the MediaSERVER, so we're still on 3.0 and still using the SDK scene "photoshuffle".  You're saying whenever MediaSERVER migrates to 4.0 that we will no longer be able to use that scene?

If that's what is being said, that's a major problem as we use that a LOT.

KRob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:18:39 AM »
Can anyone answer the above question?  Will we be able to use the SDK scenes in 4.0 for the server or not? 

Colton3310

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 12:13:56 AM »
I think you should make photo slideshows with Kvisoft flash slideshow builder. This program will solve your slideshow problem with ease.

KRob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 12:22:35 PM »
I asked about this in the live chat a couple weeks ago... the answer was "no, we aren't bringing them back.  You'll have to hire someone to design SDK Scenes for you."

Not real happy about that.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 06:53:49 AM »
There are a few options that will work. Yes, you can have someone build a new slideshow component with Flash or FLEX that will use an XML to pull the photos you want from a directory you have. Other folks are using the RSS features of companies like Snapfish and Flicker to pull in the photos.

The biggest advantage of using the 3rd party applications is that your customers already know how to use them.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines