October 01, 2020, 03:42:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Updating airplayer from station tab  (Read 5079 times)

Barry

• View Profile
Updating airplayer from station tab
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:44:09 AM »
When I re-boot airplayer from stations tab so that I am only rebooting that player, the changes I put on timeline do not take effect. It is only when I use the "save" command from the file menu that the changes I made take effect. The only problem with this is that requires re-booting ALL the players, not just the one I want to.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Updating airplayer from station tab
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 01:18:56 PM »
1. Before rebooting click on the sync to update changes

2. You can click only a single station on the datagrid to reboot or update just a single station

Let me know it worked ok for you.

Alon

Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 03:33:09 PM »
Yea I tried that. The only way that I can get the screen content on that screen (station) to change is if I reboot every screen in the campaign thru the   file- save(upload) comand. When I go to the stations tab and click on the one airplayer I want to update hit sync and then reboot only that player, it has no effect other than to reboot that player and not the others, without making the changes I want.  ???????

Thanks!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 01:48:52 AM »
Ok, can you email me your login to:

mstech [ a t ] mediasi.... com so I can check it out and see if I can reproduce the problem on my end.

Regards,

Alon - MediaSignage.com

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 08:01:43 AM »
Hello,
I re-read your post and I think there is no bug,  let me explain.

If you save your changes in the Studio with the "Restart Players" of course all players get the new updates and restart fine, good.

If you save your changes without the "Restart Players" checked than your changes WILL get saved but it WILL NOT apply to the Players UNTIL you click on the AIRPlayer reboot icon.

I hope this makes sense, let me know,

Alon.

Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »
I understand that if I don't check the "restart players with changes" that it does not send the changes to the player yet. It is when I reboot only the one player (I have three going) from the station tab and it says "reboot player with changes" I can reboot only that player only but it does not instigate changes to it even though I have made changes to the timeline. I have tried this from the signage studio based on the web as well and it still doesn't work.

Thanks!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:38:33 AM »
Ok, let me ask a few quick questions:

1. So you do click on File > Save with checkbox off for restarting Player ?

2. You proceed to go to Stations and select to "Reboot" the Station AFTER you saved the changed ?

3. What if you physically CLOSE the AIRPlayer with a mouse or even reboot the PC, does the AIRPlayer take the changes than ?

4. When you reboot the AIRPlayer, you the "MediaSignage Logo" and after a few seconds the AIRPlayer restart but still it plays old content ?

Let me know so we can figure out what's going on and resolve your issue ASAP.

Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines