November 27, 2021, 12:35:34 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Video Playback Stuttering during presentation - SOLVED  (Read 4511 times)

ande1066

• View Profile
Video Playback Stuttering during presentation - SOLVED
« on: January 19, 2013, 08:36:54 AM »
Just wanted to share something I discovered this week in case anyone else is having the same issue.
I updated the presentation on one of our stations. Added 4 new videos (.mp4) and there were also about 5-6 other .mp4 vids on the same timeline.
Problem was that after the update, ALL videos were stuttering or cutting in and out ever other second. Even those which were playing fine previously. I tried emptying the cache - didn't work. Then I un-installing and re-installing the Signage Player - also a no go.

Finally figured out that the source was the remote desktop client I had installed on that machine. I had LogMeIn and Teamviewer installed as well for backup. I uninstalled LogMeIn and ALL videos went back to playing fine.

Still not sure why this had not been causing any issues for the last year, but it seemed to resolved this issue.

Just wanted to share in case you find yourself facing something similar.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Video Playback Stuttering during presentation - SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »
thanks for sharing...

jetimages

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »
Strange ... I use LogMeIn without any problems, I had a similar problem with the videos, solved the problem by changing the videos to 25FPS and assuring me that they had exactly seconds (30 seconds not 30.8 seconds)

sean75

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 01:31:10 AM »
Hi, I had a problem with a presentation where the video would stutter every few seconds and I couldn't get around this no matter how I encoded the video files or adjusted frame rates etc. However, I've now identified the problem and I hope it will help a few others here. My JPEG file that I was using for the background/skin was only about 4 seconds in length on the timeline with the tick box checked for 'repeat to fit'. This was naturally causing the file to be repeated every 4 seconds and was causing the brief stutter in the rest of the presentation every 4 seconds. Simply drag out the JPEG skin/background to the full length of your presentation (or longer) and it solved my problems straight away and I'm now looking at a perfectly smooth presentation!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »
tx for the update Sean...
appreciate it,

Sean.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines