January 16, 2022, 11:49:27 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Kicked out of Folders  (Read 2783 times)

justadsguy

• View Profile
Kicked out of Folders
« on: January 09, 2013, 12:55:02 PM »
To Duplicate:
Choose any resource in a folder of multiple resources
Make a change to the name or time or move folders
Click tab or enter
Now you are back in the "all" folder

Issue:
If you want to change the name, total time or access key for multiple items in the folder, it is extremely time consuming to get kicked out of that folder every time you make a single change. Imagine importing 30 objects and wanting to change the default time or key on every one --

Is this a bug or am I missing how this could be valuable to someone?

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Kicked out of Folders
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »
I just imported 12 resources (swfs and Pngs) today. Once in the resource lost I select 1 name it, define the time and type in the folder name. Then hit enter. Done with 1 and into the next. If all are going into the same folder, copy the folder path and just paste it into the next. Took me less then 5 min. I agree it would be nice to have some sort of mass import script, but it's not too hard.

justadsguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:12:52 AM »
When I go to a folder -- as described in the original -- and change the name of a resource, or make any other change -- and click enter, I get kicked out of the folder.

Are you saying that you can make a change of one resource item in a sub folder and then stay in that folder?

I can't.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 08:09:44 AM »
Imagine importing 30 objects and wanting to change the default time or key on every one --

No, I did not say that. Yes, we have the same problem as well. I was just giving you a solution based on your comment of importing multiple files at once. I suppose if that issue cannot be resolved, maybe being able to add the folder as a column in the resource list so that the resources can be sorted by folder would make it a bit easier.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines