December 07, 2019, 08:49:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: HTML5 Component with SWF  (Read 3291 times)

sirkm

• View Profile
HTML5 Component with SWF
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:32:38 AM »
Hello,

I'm using Android players, with 1.6gghz and 8gb internal storage. Everything plays fine, except the html component.
I want to play an external swf, because of the security of Adobe Air, it can not be inserted directly in the timelime. It is an weather swf, it loads it's resources from an rss feed.
I was told to embed the swf in a website, so i can insert the URL with the html5 component.
Now all the mp4's are playing fine, but when the html5 component should be played, screen goes black, and the region where the html5 is located, shows only white.
I tested this campaign in 3 different android players, including a samsung galaxy tab 10.1. All the android players show the same white/black screen.
I tested the same campaign also with 2 windows players. The windows players play the html5 with swf good.

What should i do?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:35:38 AM by sirkm »

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HTML5 Component with SWF
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 07:57:47 AM »
I dont think android version supports the 3rd party swf, even if you embed into the html.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:47:44 AM »
sirkm,

How was the SWF made? If it was made with Adobe software, did you upload it and select Trust when you saved it to your system? (I am not talking about embedding it)

sirkm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:15:16 AM »
Hello Criley, the SWF was made in AS3 for flash player 10.2, in Adobe Flash. I did upload it and select trust content. The SWF was not playing at all, sadly, when i did.

Hello ANOOP, why do you think that, and why is that not noticed anywhere?

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 06:43:51 PM »
I have used Flypaper software to create swf's and those swf when loaded will not play and player hangs. It is now a known problem that Flypaper and Mediasignage do not make a good couple they need to be divorced :) and people like me who trusted the marriage burnt our fingers and made a big hole in the pocket :'(

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »
Why? you can use Flypaper just fine as long as you mark the resource as "3rd party swf" ... works perfectly.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 01:29:01 AM »
Create a swf of 800X600 in flypaper and upload the resource as 3rd party swf itself. Then insert that in a scene and try saving, this swf will appear in front of the save dialog and you will never be able to use the dialog box.You will be forced to close the studio without saving. Similarly put this swf in a common channel and it will keep appearing in other timelines even when the common channel is not running.
These swf's when used in mediadroid will show blank screen and the player hangs.

sirkm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 05:03:40 AM »
Thanks for the information about the flypaper. Do you have any suggestions or tips how i can get the embedded html5 swf work proper? Or is it just impossible to get a swf with rss feeds from outside to work with the android player? If so, why? :(

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 09:39:11 AM »
About Flypaper, go back to the post I wrote about them. ( http://script.digitalsignage.com/forum/index.php/topic,2194.msg7910.html#msg7910 )They are not ideal for what most people would use them for. You need to know their limitations. I do not see any content build with their system being on an android platform as I understand it there can only be 1 HTML component playing. 3rd party SWFs count as 1. So you will not be able to use both at the same time. Not to mention because it is an HTML component, this will always be on top and take priority.

Sirkm, you mentioned that you made the SWF with Flash, not Flypaper, so I am assuming that this does not pertain to you. Android is a different beast all together. There are multiple versions of the Android OS which is its biggest problem. Most developers will only spend the time and resources to build for maybe 5 of them in the hopes that one of the 5 will work for the other versions. There are multiple versions because they have to be flexible enough to work on multiple versions of hardware specs. This is what makes it hard, if not impossible,  to build something that will work on all units reliably.

If you want, I would be happy to look at your FLV file and see what can be done if anything. You can just email it to me directly. Just let me know you did so I can check the spam system incase you do not follow the spam instructions you will receive once you send it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines