November 22, 2019, 03:22:45 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Screen types not editable and delete button doesn't work at all (gray)  (Read 2584 times)

vilantas

• View Profile
Hello,

i've installed "SignageStudio" desktop version, signed in with no problem. Can add resources, "save/upload", everything runs smooth, but then have two issues:
1) I cannot delete anything, the delete button is gray. Some things (existing screen divisions) can be deleted using keyboard, but for example station cannot even with keyboard.

2) I can create Screen types whatever resolution i need, can choose whether to generate screen divisions, can resize those divisions only by entering their numerical dimensions but not by dragging windows. I cannot add new divisions nor with add button (it's gray), nor while holding left mouse button and dragging mouse.
Also, when trying to "save/upload", i'm getting this message "There is no Viewer in ScreenDevisions name: 'name' that in Screen name: 'S2560x1440' ".  Tried other resolution screen, doesn't change a thing.
Do you have a solution for these errors?

p.s. I've tried to completely uninstall "SignageStudio" desktop version, deleted folder with settings in users folder, cleaned registry, rebooted PC, downloaded newest "SignageStudio" desktop from your web page. Nothing changed.

My PC runs W7 64bit.

Regards,
Vilantas
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:05:06 PM by vilantas »

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Screen types not editable and delete button doesn't work at all (gray)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 03:55:13 PM »
Let's see if I can help. You should always state what version and what OS to start off with. So I see you are on Windows. I just tested your issues on both mac and windows using 4.10.20.

I am able to delete a station by highlighting a station and clicking on the Circled X at the far right of the menu. It asks if I am sure and I say yes. Then it will show in the connection window an X instead of the colored dot. Next I go to file and click on Save/Upload to finalize my changes to the account. I then logout and log back in, check Stations and it is no longer there. Just as expected.

Next to address the Deleting or creating the Screens and the divisions. I created a new screen type as well as edited an existing one. No problems there. Also if you want to delete one, you must first make sure the Screen Division Template is highlighted, not the actual division which is a sub component. This will then make the + sign activate so you can add an additional Screen Division Template. If you want to add different divisions within the Template, you need to either use the + in the Screen Division area or right click and select add.. with your cursor in the Screen Division area.

The only quirkiness I have found doing this exercise is when I created a new screen and selected the smallest pre-set of 240x340. Once I tried to add a new Screen Division in one of the already made templates, it resized the Screen Template to 400x400. Admin, can you have the Dev take a look at it please?

I hope this helps a little bit. Another thing you may want to look at if this still doesn't work for you is to make sure you have all permissions set for the current user you are logged in with if you are an enterprise user.

Chris

vilantas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:26:19 PM »
Thanks for the try, but none of the suggested helps.
I've watched some of the help videos and i know the basics using the Signage Studio designer.
For me the functions, that I've  mentioned, are grayed out or won't work at all.
I haven't mentioned that i'm using two accounts. One belongs to the company that i'm working for and another is my own, registered here. My personal is mediaCloud free solution and company one is also mediaCloud (or at least we don't have a server onsite, but rather through the other company which provides access and support).
Now, if i log out of my personal account and log into company's account, everything works there as it should. I can create screen divisions, delete them, modify old ones and so on. Menu tabs delete buttons are also not grayed out.
Any help would be very appreciated as i want to learn on my personal account at home and not to play with live system.

As stated before, my personal account is totally different from company account, email and media player is separate ones.
My DigitalSignage Studio version is 4.10.20
Adobe Air 3.5

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:35:51 PM »
Email me directly or PM me. I will see what I can do.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines