November 22, 2019, 07:55:51 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Trouble with Firefox  (Read 2893 times)

justadsguy

• View Profile
Trouble with Firefox
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:20:32 AM »
I've tried to use the Firefox Ext App call on several occasions with minimal results.

I am using 4.10.20
Current version of flash installed
Air 3.5
Firefox 16+
I have followed the video tutorials for settings and confirmed settings after restart

Situation 1
Simple call of http://www.cadillac.com

Result: Page loads, then a second tab starts to open and the window closes

Testing: on the same computer, I launched Firefox and was able to navigate to cadillac's website without issue - no error reports or plugin errors, no additional tabs

* cannot use HTML5 component because scrolling is needed

Situation 2
Calling a web based app the requires a login that is saved within the app

Result: Occasionally, multiple firefox windows will open including several times where firefox automatically relaunched so many times that is pixellated the screen

Test: Opening up a firefox browser to the page outside of signplayer did not cause the same issues.

* was not working well with html5 component, so tried with firefox

Notes: not sure if this is the correct forum to post this topic in, feel free to move to bugs if appropriate

justadsguy

• View Profile
Re: Trouble with Firefox
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 09:43:58 AM »
Amending #1

* Not sure what changed, but after deleting the cache - firefox is only opening one tab and staying open.

NEW ISSUE
 (as it was before - albeit less of a priority) 
The Window closes, even though the piece of content is the only resource in that zone and is set to repeat to fit

Like all other content, it doesn't fill the entire timeline, but goes "off" after the designate time instead of replaying

Ideas?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines