October 18, 2019, 04:20:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: templates and resources guide?  (Read 3365 times)

actnowguy

• View Profile
templates and resources guide?
« on: December 20, 2012, 11:44:27 AM »
Is there a pdf file of the templates and resources we use it is rather hard viewing each and every one....I am looking for a particular menu board ...

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: templates and resources guide?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 11:49:48 AM »

actnowguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 12:09:47 PM »
Not exactly....I am talking about the scenes section they are number sample 107, sample 108 etc:... there are a lot to go through when you preview...looking for a particular menu board have not found it yet....

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 07:42:14 PM »
True.. If we need to check a template we will have to open it in the studio and then keep checking during which the resources also start getting downloaded and it become very confusing to know which resource belongs to which scene. Instead if we can have a pdf of all the templates with the number or in the website if we can browse through and identify the number that we need to download we can do it easily.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »
While I agree that a list of thumbnails and the description would be very beneficial, I am a little confused as to what you are saying Anoop. You can preview the templates for the scenes and resources BEFORE you actually hit OK. A nice touch would be to have all the resources associated with the Scene you download be in a folder to keep it clean in your resources area.

As far as the examples. The concept is great, and the way it is delivered is nice, but I have to say (Sorry to anyone who is responsible for building them) I cannot place this on my site in its current condition as it is very embarrassing. Content is all over the place. Most of the items should have been placed within a mask so it doesn't bleed into each other and there are a great deal of resources such as images and videos that are just pixelated to death. The resolution just sucks, while there are some that are really nice. Also, if you look at the examples the thumbnails do not even match up with titles for a few of them. You will see a thumbnail of a Golf theme with the title saying Real Estate. It just doesn't scream "Professional."

actnowguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »
If I go to Scene editor, choose import scene, choose food menu, all I see are numbered scenes as sample, 107,105,62 etc....I used a Scene in the past when testing in Free Mode...Now it seems the scene is not there anymore...Just hoping for a Christmas present to have thumbnails of samples and maybe a way we can name the thumbs also....thats all.... :'(

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »
for right now, you may want to go that route or File>Get Scenes expand Food menu and select the first one "107" and then just use your arrow keys to scroll through the available scenes. Again, not as quick and efficient as a pdf or web page with thumbnails, but it will get the job done without having to download anything.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines