November 29, 2020, 01:43:47 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Scene Designer  (Read 2588 times)

scottstevenson

• View Profile
Scene Designer
« on: December 13, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »
To assist in designing Scene's it would very useful if we were able to import a background image that we could then use to layout the Screen Divisions.  Having to jump back and forth to the Scene Editor to get the divisions in just the right location is a little annoying.  It would be so much easier just to pick the base size for the Scene and then load a background and draw the divisions on top.  Quick and easy and then we are free to focus on content. Just a thought.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Scene Designer
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:10:35 AM »
Why not just create what you want in photoshop and use that as your reference? The anchor point will be the top left corner. I use a combination of guide lines for the screen divisions and I select the objects I want look at the info pallet when I am in Free transform mode for that object. It will tell you the coordinates to enter into the Scene editor for placement.

The easiest thing to do is to design your screen divisions first to have the general layout and then build the scenes to size of the screen division. But I know there are some reasons not to do this. If you have flash professional you can just import the psd directly in with all layers preserved and then do your edits and build your SWF. There are many ways of accomplishing what you want, you just need to find what you like and work with it.

I have one project that has 7 different screen divisions and it only took me 10 min to layout the divisions because I used the method above to know the size and position of each object. If you don't use photoshop, most other paint and photo programs have the same ability.

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »
Here is what I do
First have the Background image PNG or Jpeg exact size as your final template. I use Photoshop and then upload final file to server. 

Then create Scene same size as final template and drop your image inside it & re-size it to full scene.
Here's the trick
Drop Rich-Text component & re-size it by stretching it so you are covering or marking the zones. Use more then 1 Rich-Text components if you have more zones/area.

Now create Screen Types>Screen Template, Create Divisions with same coordinates as Rich-Text from Scenes.

Everything will fall in place perfectly every time.

Don't forget to delete Rich-Text component once you are done.

My first digital signage setup was in 1994 using Amiga 500 running Scala MM400 software & Genlock device for live TV.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »
And yet another great way.

I was just reminiscing on another post about my Commodore 64. When I first got into NLE systems, the Amiga 2000 with Video Toaster comes to mind. Man, have things changed over the years. That was back around 1991. I am also all too familiar with Scala.

Maybe we should start a whole new section in the forums on "The Legacy Years". Could bring back some great memories and interesting stories.  :D

StarVue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 08:26:53 PM »
@Criley on "The Legacy Years"
    I too was an Commodore Owner/User....From the C64 to a C128...Then to an Amiga 500, then 1200, then 2000 & a 4000.
I also used the Video Toaster 2000 & Toaster 4000. Those were the early days of computer generated graphics & editing.

We have come a long way...and with Media Signage...we will go further yet.
((Long Live AMIGA!!))

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines