November 22, 2019, 03:25:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: install.sh does run like the video on Mac OSX 10.8.2  (Read 4890 times)

Velgro

• View Profile
install.sh does run like the video on Mac OSX 10.8.2
« on: December 14, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »
I've been trying to install SignagePlayer on my Mac Mini (10.8.2).  I watched the video and followed along. When I run the install.sh file, it doesn't do anything.  Anyone had similar issues? Or am I just missing something.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: install.sh does run like the video on Mac OSX 10.8.2
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 08:59:43 AM »
Please check with Live chat support so they can review the setup...
I am sure they can figure this out for you...

regards

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 01:26:42 PM »
When are you guys going to fix this? This should only be a 5 min fix for you as all you need to do is recompile the script to work on Unix instead of DOS. You fixed it once before, then when you recompiled 4.10, you messed it up again. Please have it done this week as this past week was the best time to do any maintenance since the offices are light due to the holidays. Thank you.

jleggett81

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 09:08:19 PM »
Exactly.  And whats the point of making the customer do that kind of work just to get it up and running.  For some more advanced features, fine.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 07:11:58 AM »
yes, this will be addressed in the next minor release...

Regards

tenfour

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 09:24:13 PM »
Any word on an ETA of this to be resolved?
We have a campaign launching soon so would like to have this working ASAP please.

Velgro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »
So, It's been 4 months since the post about the install script and 3 months since you said there would be a fix.  How much longer do you think this will be?  I'd really like to get the deployment up and running.

SCS Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »
I am running into this same problem trying to install on a Mac Mini running 10.6.8. Anyway yet around this? Add me to the list of those anxious for a fix.

Velgro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 08:13:49 PM »
All I've been able to do is load the older version 3.0... I downloaded it here.
----www.digitalsignage.com/_html/direct_download.html

The installer works, but you get the annoying "Please update your software is out of date" Don't attempt it, it just brings you back to the same error.  I sure don't feel there seems to be much support for MAC os with this.  It sure is a better Windows platform.  Seeing as it is not supported in Linux anymore (not really their fault on that one) or Mac, I wish I'd paid for the cheaper windows CPU, or just bought an embedded system from someone else.

Hopefully something will happen with this.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 08:02:41 AM »
I am hoping for a solution soon as well, but the only time I get that message is when I go to the stations view of Studio, and that is rare. While Linux and OS X are capable and I have used all, and as much as I hate Windows for most things, it is the best platform for digital signage. All OS's have their strengths and weaknesses for different applications. Also, Apple has been changing its focus, which is the cause for it to not be a totally reliable OS for DS anymore, and I do not see a change in the foreseeable future. For now, if you want the best DS experience, I would suggest using a windows based player for all future projects.

Velgro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 10:33:35 AM »
On that statement, which build of Windows would you recommend for this XP, Windows 7, or Windows 8?

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 01:16:38 PM »
Until I hear further details about the support of Windows 8 with MS and other vendors, I would stick with Windows 7. 32bit is perfectly fine as 64bit is not supported as of yet and I am not sure how it will effect DS applications. For basic use, 32 should surface. Should you get involved with other peripheral devices such as RFID, Gender Recognition, viewer count, cameras, ...etc, 64bit might prove to be useful.

Unless there is a huge advantage/need to upgrade to Windows 8, I would hold off even after it is given the seal of approval from MS until others who have tested and reported back their experiences can confirm or deny any issues that may arise.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines