July 09, 2020, 09:56:42 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: external app not openin  (Read 2964 times)

TSP

• View Profile
external app not openin
« on: December 05, 2012, 04:17:30 AM »
Hi there

I have the media signage player running on a desktop PC. its been running fine for about a week or so. I have an external app which is lined to the Microsoft power point viewer. This has been successfully opening the viewer and launching the power point presentation.  After a reboot this morning the signage player starts up the signage controller is running but it doesn't open the power point  viewer now.

Any suggestions? I have checked the path to the PPTVIEW.exe and have also tried changing the patch and both don't seem to have made any difference.

Thanks

TSP

TSP

• View Profile
Re: external app not openin
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:50:33 AM »
just done some playing if I add the extapp and set it to the power-point viewer it asks you to drop the resource file. I left this as /S and saved the changes. when the player then restarted it opened the viewer successfully. As soon as a drop the ppt resource file in the mix it doesn't seem to open it.

having /S $File[XXX] doesn't seem to open it.

Is it that its downloading the ppt resource file and struggling?  I have had it running all day and still no joy

Any ideas?

TSP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 02:45:33 AM »
managed to get this working but then when the pc rebooted this morning had the sam eissue.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 05:02:55 AM »
Working with Powerpoint on signage player is not very stable. Better to convert the same to a movie and run safely. I have struggled with it..

TSP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:24:56 AM »
I uninstalled signage player re installed then removed the extnapp from timeline re added it uploaded it and its now working. we only need it for a basic power point which gets updated regularly and they want to spend any money.The signage studio and player are great. I really like they way it works and is so easily manageable and best of all free. I haven't found a good free converter yet if this does persist though I may have to pester them to purchase a good converter.

thanks for your reply

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »
Use Powerpoint 2010 it has a save as video, it saves all the transitions and animations. It saves as .wmv which can be converted to flv using freemake video convertor.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines