July 09, 2020, 06:22:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Announcing release 4.10 - Local Ad management  (Read 12733 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Announcing release 4.10 - Local Ad management
« on: November 30, 2012, 07:53:01 AM »
Announcing release 4.10 - Local Ad management

In this release we have re-factored the Ad engine to provide a simpler approach to Advertising management.

- No need to use Incoming / Outgoing for local ad management if not running Ads across businesses
- Ability to set proof of play reports on any simple resource on timeline (videos / images / SWFs)
- Ability to set proof of play reports on dynamic components such XML, RSS, Clock components...
- Ability to set proof of play on internal catalog content
- Ability to set proof of play on internal collection content
- Expanded proof of play
- Set Start / End dates for resources on the timeline
- Rate tables (releasing at end of December)

You can watch the video tutorial here:
http://www.digitalsignage.com/html/signage_video.html?videoNumber=ProofOfPlay

The SignageStudio (Web and Desktop) already been released to the wild with version 4.10 and the SignagePlayer 4.10 is currently in beta.
To download SignagePlayer 4.10 beta get it from here: http://galaxy.signage.me/Code/Install/air/4.10/CloudSignagePlayer.air

Be sure to report and bugs so we can fix them ASAP!

Comments are welcome below.

Regards,

Sean - http://www.DigitalSignage.com
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:25:15 PM by admin »

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Announcing release 4.10 - Local Ad management
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:24:31 PM »
Looks good! I watched the video and cannot wait to try it tomorrow. I know there are still items in the oven getting baked, but I just want to make sure the the network ads will be coming back as well. I like the idea of MonsterSignage where an ad firm can place their clients ads on different network screens within our network.

MichaelR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 09:55:53 PM »
I second that. Please make sure you don't kill API/Monster Signage.
A big chunk of my business model relies on the availability of those options in the near future

cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 05:22:42 AM »
Proof of play is only on Enterprise edition?

Thanks!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »
Sure, MonsterSignage and Ext ads still in dev and yes, Proof of play is an Enterprise feature.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:41:28 AM by admin »

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 08:45:11 AM »
Thank you....for both. I think there should be more incentives for those who are enterprise users. After all, we are the ones paying for the upgrades. You just had us scared when they were not showing up in the navigation, but I did see them in the privileges area.

Advicast Multimedia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 01:55:55 PM »
Hi Guys,
I just saw the video, thanks so much for this tool.
We really appreciate it and will begin testing tomorrow.
Best regards
Advicast

KingPro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 04:11:43 AM »
Good stuff. I was looking foward to the old functions.

I dont know about others, but i sell advertising. I get new customers, and i have several screens. The screens have different locations. I have some advertisers i cannot show at some locations, like a hotel lobby, i cannot show advertising for other hotels. I also have some adaptation for most of my screens. What i have to deal with now are about 20 different timelines, and to place an ad in the network takes about an hour.

In the old system i made a outgoing campaign, and stated wich screens it should show on, and how many times. Took me maybe 5 minutes. There where many features i wanted, but it worked. , until it did not, without warning. A lot of black screens.

I have many thing to do in a day, and activating campaings takes to much time for me, so i add them up, and try to do them at the last day of the week. I was really looking foward to local ad management. I may have misunderstood, but this feature saves me no time, and only helps me with some content.

Please tell me that you guys are going to activate the old version.

If i could make one wish, it is that instead of repetitions pr hour, i would like to be able to make a campaign with for example 10 000 showings in a week. Keep in mind that different screens have different opening hours, its no use to show advertising when the business is closed.

You guys have to prioritize the business here, and this i how i make money, and we all want to make money.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:39:23 PM by KingPro »

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 04:43:26 AM »
Read 3 posts up. They just said they are keeping the old system but its still in development  ::)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 08:22:52 AM »
Yes, the External Ads is still on the road map + a VERY packed 2013 full of new features... good stuff!!!

KingPro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »
Ok, thats good to hear, i was worried now. Do you hava a ETA?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:08:29 PM by KingPro »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »
we don't have an eta yet, but beginning of 2013 I believe...

zackman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 07:49:14 PM »
Good stuff. I was looking foward to the old functions.

I dont know about others, but i sell advertising. I get new customers, and i have several screens. The screens have different locations. I have some advertisers i cannot show at some locations, like a hotel lobby, i cannot show advertising for other hotels. I also have some adaptation for most of my screens. What i have to deal with now are about 20 different timelines, and to place an ad in the network takes about an hour.

(This may get complicated to follow but hang on to your hats boys I will try to explain it haha)
Before I started at the company I'm at there were 20 campaigns.  After I started, I got rid of them all.  I went with 1 mega campaign with 20 outputs.  In the one campaign I have 12 screen divisions.  There is the basic layout standard to all.  Then over-top of the main content window and the upper right and lower right hand boxes I have three windows layered over-top with a different name.

In the campaign timeline I have 37 channels.  Each output has it's own background assigned.  Since the three restaurants I have can not appear on each others screens I use the "override" channels as I call them.  So as the main time line is playing when it comes up to "Restaurant A" ad on "Restaurant B" screen I have an channel that is primarily blank except for that 10 seconds where a different ad needs to be played.  Then I slot in a different ad that will only appear on Restaurant B's screen.  Everyone else will see Restaurant A's ad. 

Of course when you use this method you have to use a clear graphic (10px by 10px) translucent graphic after the ad to clear off the override box.  The reason being is even though the ad is schedule to run for 10 seconds, if there is nothing on the timeline after that ad, it will keep playing forever.

It took a bit to setup (and bloody complicated to look at) but once you a rolling it saves the hours you will spend updating 20 campaigns.  The only thing you have to be aware of is when you move ads on the timeline, you also have to move the ads on the override channels or things wont block out the ads on specific screens.

I can't upload screen shots otherwise I would.  If you are interested, msg me.

KingPro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 03:49:08 AM »
I still do not understand this, does anybody have an different suggestion?

It is very time consuming to put out 10 new slides to 15 different campaings. Why cant you guys bring back the old ad management, before coming with all kinds of new features? Or at least a way to put out ads easily? I am the only person here who has to change ads every week? And have different customers, and screens in different locations?

Please advice, i am getting tired of all the idiotic double work i have to do.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 05:25:39 AM »
I would suggest you can use collection component.You can create scene and include the collection component in it that will have resources common to all the campaigns or set of campaigns. Create few more scenes with collection component that are not going to be common. Whenever you get new ads for the common screen add the resource in the common collection component. Whenever you have the resources only for that campaign use it in that scene.
You can mail me if you need online support.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines