January 19, 2022, 09:24:28 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Using your own hardware with an enterprise license  (Read 4564 times)

websterp

• View Profile
Using your own hardware with an enterprise license
« on: November 27, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »
I'm planning to buy an enterprise license and two Android ZXs for a project I'm working on. Since I'm living overseas rather than having to wait a week or two until the ZXs arrive here can I use my own hardware and install the downloaded player?
I'm thinking of using two Dual core Android TV sticks (same as the Media Droid) and download and install the media player app from Google play.
Will I get the same results as of the Droid ZX as long as the hardware config is the same?
I'm wondering about features like auto starting player during device power on and not having to enter the login info ever time it starts.
Also I would want to use 3G USB dongles as WiFi or Ethernet is not available. Is this a possibility ?

Any advice on this is much appreciated.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using your own hardware with an enterprise license
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 11:14:06 AM »
you can use your own hardware but will lack some of the optimization we have on the ZX and most importantly not have the SignageController (watchdog)

websterp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I have already ordered the Droid.
Have been reading a bit about the Droid ZX hardware and there had been many reports of constant WiFi dropouts (This is for the generic hardware+Android ICS that the Droid is based on and not specifically Droid ZX experience). Have you experienced such issues with the ZX as I would have to rely completely on WiFi for my installation since I would be displaying RSS feeds, etc  off the internet.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 03:13:14 PM »
The next generation which we sell now has much better wi-fi RX/TX.

lakeiser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 08:46:18 AM »
The autostart is easy enough to fix with an Android app called "autostart - no root"...

The problem I'm having is getting rid of the Android Task / Status bar AUTOMATICALLY when the signage player runs.  I can click on it to hide it, but obviously can't click on the hide-taskbar icon if I'm not at the location/venue.

Anyone know of an app that will allow a complete "remote desktop" to a field-deployed android tv stick?

Lee...

cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 03:50:45 AM »
The autostart is easy enough to fix with an Android app called "autostart - no root"...

The problem I'm having is getting rid of the Android Task / Status bar AUTOMATICALLY when the signage player runs.  I can click on it to hide it, but obviously can't click on the hide-taskbar icon if I'm not at the location/venue.

Anyone know of an app that will allow a complete "remote desktop" to a field-deployed android tv stick?

Lee...

RemoDroid is good, but not auto start the service on boot.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines