July 15, 2020, 07:26:02 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: suggestion - scheduling  (Read 4029 times)

KRob

• View Profile
suggestion - scheduling
« on: November 26, 2012, 08:51:06 AM »
I love the ease of the sequencer...just loops over and over.   Could it be possible to do a blend of the scheduler and sequencer? 

By that, I mean - schedule List "1" sequences to run from 8am-12pm, List "2" to run from 12pm-2pm, then back to list 1.

This makes it nice and easy to change your sequences without having to deal with the scheduler.  The scheduler is too clunky to me... takes too much time.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: suggestion - scheduling
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »
ya we had a lot of people request this mutation and so we have it in our to do list.

Regards.

pgarmon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 08:52:56 AM »

Sorry to bring up this thread from the dead, I was searching on how to get the scheduluer to do what i want, and found this is exactly what I was looking for (set a sequencer to run during certain hours as my daytime messages would be different from night). Has it hit the roadmap yet?

pgarmon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 01:50:30 PM »
Hey there, has there been any update on this mutation since many people want it?

MichaelP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 06:18:15 AM »
Hi, this function would be great. We also need it to realize a few projects by this way.

scannercop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 08:24:03 AM »
I have a many customers waiting for this feature (scheduling on resources and scenes). In some cases we are also missing business opportunities not supporting this feature.

ShowIT Media

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
Are there any news on his one.
I can see that the post is originally old, Any road map?

The scheduller is clunky to Work with. I have client that runs a fixed sequence and then once in a while they would like to jump to another timeline on a certain day.
To set this up in the scheduller is dreadfull to say the least.

It would be great to have the scheduler add to the sequence instead of one ruling out the other.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 08:46:04 PM »
we don't have plans to enhance it in the near future, but will release an SDK next month that you will be able to automate it.

scannercop

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 06:51:57 AM »
 >:( Hey Admin, you have recently written about scheduling enhancements in upcoming releases.  Who is managing the backlog of what to prioritize? We are many out there in urgent need of a proper scheduler. The hole purpose with Digital Signage is to have the right message in right time.

What can be more important to prioritize right now?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
I wish the road map was that simple but we are trying to push alot of stuff in, just look at all the new feature of 2013.
And while I can't give you release dates (I wish I could), we have plans for 4 major releases in the next 6 months including:

1. Brand new SignageStudio
2. Brand new API (can't say more at his point, but will be pretty amazing stuff)
3. Strong push into Stage3D supersizing the performance of the Player (lots of related features)
4. Gen2 release of the Ad engine
5. Other enhancements including Scheduler.

As you can see, our plate is full and we are pushing as hard and as fast as we can to deliver for EVERYONE!

Regards.

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 12:57:24 PM »
Yes, it appears that you have quite a large customer base that is indeed in need of enhanced scheduling.  Please do not ignore the need for this.  It has been very overlooked and it is imperative that scheduling be improved drastically.

An idea that I have seems pretty straight forward and is based on my experience with other digital signage software providers.

1. Add a resource to the timeline.
2. Double click it to bring up the properties.
3. Allow properties to be set for a.) begin on date/end on date  b.) start/stop time  c.) choose to play resource on M T W TH F SA SU
4. Make the scheduled resource identifiable on the timeline with perhaps a visual identifier (a red outline or hatch mark).

Then, allow for a list view of all scheduled resources and their status (Scheduled or Expired).  When a resource is expired, have it automatically remove itself from the timeline and snap everything together and change status from scheduled to expired.

All of this would allow for the proper scheduling of individual content items rather than timelines and thus drastically improving the usability of the software.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines