October 17, 2019, 09:26:05 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: signage player displays "signage presentation will resume momentarily"  (Read 6258 times)

Kinath

• View Profile
Help please,  This problem is causing the owners to rethink having my sign running because at times it is found running the screen "signage presentation will resume momentarily" on a black screen with a "windows logon icon" prompting someone to reboot.  Well of course, no one is responsible for doing so except me and I only show up once a day to check on the screen.  I have found the player doing this several times a day when I view remotely and I have to reboot remotely but it just happens again.  The computer that is running the signage player (ver 4.0.90 with air version 3.4.0.2540 was bought from you about 9 months ago. the signage controller is running in the startup folder on the computer.
       As an enterprise user, this unreliability is unacceptable as I cannot purchase more players from you if I am going to run into this type of problem as well as pay monthly for a system that does not run.  I am really in a bind as I think you guys are my digital sign solution but it is coming with a lot of bugs. 
Can you help me PLEASE?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: signage player displays "signage presentation will resume momentarily"
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 05:23:42 AM »
Are you using logmein to remote into the mediabox?

Kinath

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:07:27 AM »
Yes, I am. I am using Logmein to remote in.  That is how I reboot the signage player that is "stuck" in the "signage presentation will resume momentarily" mode.  I find this happens when I add more content to the player to play out.  Another player I use (that is a computer I built mysel)f using the same content does not get stuck.  Only the player I have purchased from you does this.
Your thoughts please?

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
We are having the same issue with one station also. I've tried re-installing a couple times (just did the 2nd time today)...and uninstalling AIR and reinstalling AIR...so hoping that works today. Our customer is calling us every day letting us know it's stuck in "signage presentation will resume momentarily..." screen. Not good!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 03:33:05 PM »
I would recommend you replace the hardware for this one device...

Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 07:53:37 AM »
It seems to be a case of the software vendor blaming the hardware vendor and vs. versa! LOL... just teasing here. On a serious
note though, our company being the Digital Signage integrator, we know it's not the hardware. As mentioned above, I re-installed
all software and it's been working fine since. So there is a bug somewhere...just not sure where and how to pinpoint it. And we're
not the only ones experiencing this so it must be a bug somewhere... we'll keep an eye on it and report back on any findings.

Thanks!

Kinath

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 08:30:20 PM »
I think I have found a "fix" for that problem of having the screen show "signage presentation will resume momentarily" .  Since this happens when I do a content update on the remote machine, instead of updating the remote computer by using the "restarting icon", I now upload my content/changes and use the "reboot icon" instead.  Of course this requires the remote computer to reboot which takes a bit longer to show the signage again but at least I know it will not display that message. 

KRob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »
Funny, we have the same problem.... whenever I try to remotely update our boxes from the studio (purchased directly from media signage) - they get stuck on the resume screen.  I've repeatedly asked for help, but haven't received any help of real value, mostly just silence and the age old "must be a network problem" ... I've tried using both reboot button and sync button, happens either way.  There must be a bug somewhere, especially since we're not the only ones (which, they told me no one else has this problem.  obviously, that's not true!)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:38:02 AM by KRob »

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 06:26:26 AM »
Interesting. If it was a network issue, it would have to be on the end with the player as it looks like there are different users having the same issue but I know at least one has the MediaServer while I am guessing the others are not based on the mention of being an enterprise user. So if there is any comm issues, it would have to be from the player trying to communicate with a server outside of the subnet.

To eliminate any network issue possibility I would place the player on a DMZ or if you have a WIFI player, use a different access point such as a tethered cell phone to see if the issue continues. If it does not, then the issue is with the player itself. Maybe check to see if the Firewall is enabled on the player and disable it if it is.

kevx529

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 12:41:18 PM »
I was having similar issues around ~mid Nov. (almost always using "restart" or "reboot" within stations).  I chalked it up to a buggy 4.0.96/97/98.  Since then I have been using the following technique for regular updates:  In the stations module, select the desired station, click the "stop" button, then the "play" button - when presented with the "...update... check box/dialog", check update, and ok (and if need by, "save to server").  Seems ridiculous, but it's been my go-to method of late.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines