December 05, 2022, 11:43:23 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Socket Timeout Exception - Cannot connect new mediaDROID ZX  (Read 5123 times)

KioskGuy

Socket Timeout Exception - Cannot connect new mediaDROID ZX
« on: November 01, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »
I just bought 8 new mediaDROID ZX devices and I have one that will not connect to the Default Server during initial setup.  I see an error appear that says "SocketTimeoutException"  which I believe has something to do with it.
The device does connect to the web via Wifi and Ethernet and I can surf using the built in Chrome Browser, etc.  But the signage player/controller will not allow me to sign in and setup this device.
Help?

Thank you
Tim

KioskGuy

Re: Socket Timeout Exception - Cannot connect new mediaDROID ZX
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 11:10:05 AM »
Other details:  When I click the "Connect" button I see a message that says Signage Controller Connected  but then the next screen (the login) never appears.  The button greys out momentarily and then goes back to the black/green unclicked state... and sits.  Nothing happens.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »
Try to clear the SignagePlayers data including the account registration go to Apps > Settings > Apps tab > SignagePlayer > click on Force stop and Clear Data, power cycle it. Then start over.

KioskGuy

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »
That took care of it.  Thank you!  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines