July 20, 2019, 03:35:22 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: This version is not working. I'm in serious trouble. I want to go back to 3.0  (Read 3654 times)

vdmidia

• View Profile
Hello,

need urgent help.

I'm getting in trouble here.

My entire network is based on RSS. Everything I do, including ad insertion videos are made by MRSS.

But that changed after the release does not work any more right.

RSS feeds, which use the Custom RSS, are not caching the images. When we disconnect from the internet, the player shows only the texts.

XML not updated.

Not to mention the engine advertising that is the biggest asset and we could have never worked.

I would like to go back to version 3.0. This is causing me many problems. I have many clients within my network, and they are not at all satisfied with all these problems, and I'm losing patience. Everything was working, now all the components that I use most often are in trouble. I like much of an immediate solution, or I return to version 3.0. I'm losing customers here guys. This is very serious, is threatening the image of my business.

I'm getting calls all the time saying the palyers are stopping, which is not displaying the images ... I realized that worsened after version 4.0.70

I understand they are making adjustments .. But how to explain to my clients, who buy my service and use the player, what worked yesterday ... no longer works today? And they pay for it ... And I paid for it for you.

I really need an urgent solution. I'm losing sales and losing customers who had already won. This is very serious, involves commercial relationship.

What can we do immediately?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 04:45:53 AM by vitrinedtv »

KRob

• View Profile
I hope they answer you quickly and get you some help... I know they're going to tell you to talk to live chat - have you done that yet?  They'll answer faster than anyone on this board.

Also - if you want to go back to 3.0, you can find it here:

http://www.digitalsignage.com/html/direct_download.html

Hope your issues get resolved quickly....

John Maddox

• View Profile
I will tell you that KRob is right about Live Chat...

XML is broken...won't update, and if you look through this forum, you'll see proposed release dates.

vdmidia

• View Profile
I speak with the live chat for several hours every day .. are dozens of problems .. and staff chat until it is very good and very polite. but all the time the answer to the problems is: Delete the folder signageplayer.xxxxx clean cache and reregister the player ... It's impossible to do this all day with each player that the problem .. and several. I'm doing a rant here to see if it attracts attention and the guys quickly resolved.

already taking too long .. when changed from version 2.0 to 3.0, was also very problematic .. I even use another platform until 3.0 was stabilized .. but this is very expensive. Should only change when they were sure it works.

vdmidia

• View Profile
Oh! One more thing: And not of the players to get back to version 3.0 .. All features of the Studio have been updated and are in falahando player 3.0 also.

SpindlTV

• View Profile
I have same problem!
it is very sad that we are waiting for the new version one year and it is unstable. To Admin: Please give me a message when this will be removed.
Thanks
Martin

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We will be releasing a new version with the XML caching bug already fixed very soon, we are just waiting for the devs to certify it for deployment.

rknight

• View Profile
very soon could mean "today" or "next year".  Today would be good.

vdmidia

• View Profile
OK Admin... is of extreme importance to solve.. the XML cache BUG, and images of RSS BUG.

And then adjust as quickly as possible to the engine advertising.

thnks

SpindlTV

• View Profile
Please, when the errors will be corrected? You write "very soon". Can be accurate? When? Thanks Martin

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines