January 16, 2022, 07:17:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Common Channel not looping on some players  (Read 2734 times)

Jeda

• View Profile
Common Channel not looping on some players
« on: October 25, 2012, 05:03:12 PM »
I have 7 players playing a common channel that is about 15 minutes long.  The output changes every three minutes to show weather.  Each player has its own outputs so the weather is unique to each location.  Now each are setup exactly the same within the campaign, and just have different output, but 2 of the 7 won't loop the channels.  So after 15 minutes it just goes to black.  Except every 3 minutes it will show the jpeg I built for a background for the weather output, but none of the other channels appear...weather, time, or the common channel...  Why would that happen on only 2 machines?  All of the them are the Media Signage Players.

Also not, switched up the outputs between the machines to make sure it was an player issue and not a campaign or output issue.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Common Channel not looping on some players
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »
Please contact live chat so they can login and review your setup...

Jeda

• View Profile
Re: Common Channel not looping on some players
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
Tried upgrading the player to the latest software to fix the problem, when that failed it took it back to 4.0.79, now it is working correctly. I'm not saying the 4.0.90 isn't working, I have my 1 test player using 4.090 without issue, but currently my 6 players on this campaign  are still at 4.0.79 and have no issues.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines