February 25, 2020, 04:28:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Ver 4 - FINAL RELEASE STATUS?  (Read 8648 times)

KRob

• View Profile
Re: Ver 4 - FINAL RELEASE STATUS?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 08:07:55 AM »

Media Signage....your priorities in development features should also take into consideration those of your customers who actually pay for your software but are currently getting the same feature set and development times as your free users.

I couldn't agree more.  I don't understand this sometimes....  it really seems we should've just stuck with the free version and not spent so much $... because at the end of the day, there really isn't all that many big advantages to paying so much for all of this stuff.  In my mind - I think the paying customers should get priority in everything, as well as easy access to every single thing the free clients have, plus a lot more. I've never seen a situation where the free customers benefit basically just as much as customers who pay thousands.... Yes, we have some extra features... but the difference doesn't seem to make up for the price tag.

I'm with you too - I WANT this to work.  The idea is great.  The software is on it's way. But there's also a lot that misses the mark.  We don't expect perfection, by any means... but I had hoped for more.  I'm hoping it keeps moving in the right direction.

Jeda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 09:26:07 AM »
This times 100.  Modifying time lines to fit content with various expiration dates takes way too much time, and leaves mass amounts for error.

Here is a short list of items that I feel (based on experience with other digital signage software) should be at the top of the development list:

1.  Scheduling of individual resources with start/stop days and times
2.  Notification in the resources folder (either by a a highlight or check mark) that a resource is currently in use and not allow its deletion.
3.  View in text format the resources currently in a folder or used on a timeline (maybe export in Excel format).

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 11:09:23 AM »

Media Signage....your priorities in development features should also take into consideration those of your customers who actually pay for your software but are currently getting the same feature set and development times as your free users.

I couldn't agree more.  I don't understand this sometimes....  it really seems we should've just stuck with the free version and not spent so much $... because at the end of the day, there really isn't all that many big advantages to paying so much for all of this stuff.  In my mind - I think the paying customers should get priority in everything, as well as easy access to every single thing the free clients have, plus a lot more. I've never seen a situation where the free customers benefit basically just as much as customers who pay thousands.... Yes, we have some extra features... but the difference doesn't seem to make up for the price tag.

I'm with you too - I WANT this to work.  The idea is great.  The software is on it's way. But there's also a lot that misses the mark.  We don't expect perfection, by any means... but I had hoped for more.  I'm hoping it keeps moving in the right direction.

I'd love for it to mature but without that ability to schedule individual content with start/stop days and times, I can't see ever using this software for any type of mass deployment and will assuredly look for another platform if the feature isn't added soon.

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 11:32:04 AM »
Hi guys,
We have made a decision to re factor the Ad engine as we believe we can accommodate more needs plus enhance the performance of the Ad engine as it will run hundreds of thousands of ads per week and so it has to be super efficient. As with release 4.0, it took longer but the final release was packed with features and works great.
We will double down on the Ad engine in 2013 with final release scheduled around the end of 2012.

I hope you understand,

Sean.

Does this mean that you will be investigating the addition of enhanced scheduling of resources as talked about in this post?

Spezam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 11:45:28 AM »
I do not understand why they keep adding new features when current ones do not work. There is a lot of work arounds to this software that you will only find out by trial and error. I spend way to much time watching my presentations before going live in the field to ensure it will work. To many little tricks have to be done like putting 1 second blank scenes between ad scenes so they do not play over top of each other. I find that swf and flash files rarely play on time they either play to fast and you get blank screen time for a couple of seconds or they play to slow and get cut off. It is a major pain to have readjust the whole time line for this. And yes I do have the frame rate set properly. I thought a lot of this stuff was supposed to be fixed with the latest releases but it has not. Just focus on your core business make it super stable and functional and everyone will be happy. All the other stuff is just fluff we don't need it. Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines