October 01, 2020, 02:12:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Campaigns  (Read 3898 times)

KRob

• View Profile
Campaigns
« on: October 18, 2012, 08:18:52 AM »
I know there's a feature in the studio to duplicate campaigns.... but isn't it kind of redundant?

I need all my boxes to run similar programming... but I need to make minor changes to each and also name the campaigns differently so I can tell them apart.  I'm trying to make it easier on myself rather than creating the same thing over and over and over...

When I click "duplicate", then try to change the name of the new copied campaign... it also changes the original.  Isn't there some way to make it so it only changes the one I'm on, and doesn't change the original?

What's the purpose of the duplicate button if it doesn't allow you to copy & change? If all your boxes are running the same thing, you'd only need one campaign anyway, not multiple copies of the same one... am I missing something?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:23:56 AM by KRob »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 08:40:43 AM »
Hi,

Duplicating the campaign, and then changing the newly copied campaign wont affect the original campaign in anyway, pretty sure you are doing something wrong.
If its just minimal changes you need to do on a campaign, you might be better off using the multi output option.
Check this video:
http://www.digitalsignage.com/html/reseller_video.html?videoNumber=MultiScreen

KRob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 09:19:53 AM »
I am doing multi output - however to have 20 different screen setups per timeline is hard for me to track visually... so I'm doing 4 outputs per campaign.  It's easier to visualize what I need that way.

So.. I still want to duplicate my campaign.  All I did was click "duplicate campaign" - then the duplicate shows up that says "Copy of.... "  So I highlight the "Copy of..." and change the name on the tab at the right, click save... and voila, both campaign names change.  Not sure what I could be doing wrong.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:22:01 AM by KRob »

KRob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 09:26:50 AM »
I've tried it a few different times in different orders... it's doing something different each time. I wonder if theres a little glitch in there somewhere?

The first time, it changed both the original and the copy... the next time, it worked just as it should... the third time, after I hit save it deleted the name of the original, leaving it blank.

I've also noticed, when I go to re-name each screen output for the new copies.... if I don't hit "Save" after changing each one, the changes won't save.  So if I have 3 screen outputs, I highlight each one individually and change each name and hit "Save"... the only one that will change is the last one I changed.

If I change a name, hit save, change a name, hit save again, etc... then it will keep the changes.  That's odd to me, since usually I can make multiple changes wherever I want, and if i hit save they'll all be updated. 
Is that possibly a glitch?

I'd also like to add a big THANK YOU for this feature even being possible.... I don't think it was in previous versions? It makes my life easier to be able to copy and paste campaigns with the way I have my system set up.  Now if only we could copy & paste timelines from one campaign to another for when I create new ones... that would be the best option and would make everything a million times easier.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:50:12 AM by KRob »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 10:14:31 AM »
Hi,

Just did all the steps you did and didnt run into any issues.

When duplicating campaigns, after duplicating click on a different campaign and click on the Copied campaign to make sure the right one is selected and proceed to save.

Are you using the web studio or desktop studio?  Please make sure to use the desktop studio and test again. Latest version is 4.0.90

KRob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 05:41:42 AM »
Odd.. I'm using the latest updated version of Desktop Studio...

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 06:47:27 AM »
Using the latest as well, I ran the test on my machine under OS X 10.8

While I do have to click on a new campaign then back on the new copy for my changes to effect the new copy and not the original one...Only in the new one were there any changes. When Making the changes to the output for renaming them, I did try and rename the different outputs (3 for each campaign) and they all renamed just fine with only selecting save/upload once at the end. I have not tried on a windows box yet.

Maximus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 02:58:40 AM »
I'm having the same problem Krob had: i duplicated a campaign in order to do minor changes of it for a specific station; i did the changing, then I sync and saved... and also the original campaign has been affected by those changings!

Do you Krob finally found the reason of it? Maybe this procedure is wrong in some steps?

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 03:38:58 AM »
@Maximus: When you duplicate the campaign first save before making any changes then you will see the copy of the campaign and go to that campaign and make changes. Because whenever you do duplication you will see that you are in the copy campaign but the changes will be happening on the original. This is a trick :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines