October 17, 2019, 08:05:41 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: 4.0 Catalog / Resource / Staions issues  (Read 2025 times)

ynndss

• View Profile
4.0 Catalog / Resource / Staions issues
« on: October 17, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
While in Catalog - Items window if you scroll down through the items and then click the up (scrollbar) arrow the window will not scroll or step up. Works one time and then will not work again.

Resources - Cannot delete multiple resources at one time. 3.x allowed you to select multiple resource items to delete but had annoying window asking verification for each item to delete. Version 4.x cannot select multiple resources with teh shift key and click. Have to select each item individually using CTRL key. Still have extremely annoying and tiresome acknowledge window asking verification to delete each file.

Stations - Cannot select multiple station at one time - Shift Key no longer works like on 3.x.
Stations windows jumps when you have a long list of stations and are scrolling down list. Windo keeps jumping back to top of list. Happens about every 8 - 10 seconds.

Campaigns - Need to be able to show display names in alphabetic or sorted order. This is a problem in the campaign window for scheduling, creating timelines and when assigning campaigns to media players.
All resources / campaigns and other lists shoudl automatically be displayed in a sorted order without having to sort by clicking the name header.

Anyone having trouble with version 4.x running on machines that use windows XP? I have 5 stations with XP (various configurations) not one will work with 4.x signage player.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 4.0 Catalog / Resource / Staions issues
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 05:53:59 AM »
1. are you referring to navigation?
2. use Control instead of shift
3. will add to future to-do list
4. None that we know of on XP
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:33:19 AM by admin »

ynndss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
In respionse to Admin.

1 - Navigation  - no.  In studio select catalog, scroll the items window (must have enough items to scroll through).
Click the scroll bar up arrow (above the srcollbar) window will not move up. Down arrow button works fine.

"4- None that we know of" - well you know it now!!! Signage player 4.x does not work with windows XP.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »
I just completed XP tests and all seems fine. As for the catalog, I will open a bug for this.

THX!

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 09:21:11 PM »
For the upgrade, I am guessing that you upgraded your Air application as well. My next guess is that you did not fully remove Air from your system prior to installing the latest version of Air. Read the following discussion and you may want to follow the last comment with the cleanup utility. This seems to work at making sure Air is 100% removed in XP. Then reinstall once done. See if that helps.

http://conqu.com/help/discussions/questions/135-how-to-remove-adobe-air-completely-from-a-windows-xp-system

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines