October 27, 2020, 05:15:31 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: HTML5 or SWF?  (Read 2521 times)

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
HTML5 or SWF?
« on: October 11, 2012, 11:00:13 AM »
Being that you support HTML5, I do not see much push from this group to start using Javascript Animations (HTML5). Why is that? I have tried to get help and tutorials of some of the complex needs of mine and it seems that everyone is moving away from the SWFs and going towards HTLM5. I am not versed in Javascript and it looks like I really should be.

Doesn't HTML5 need a browser to play and therefor need the HTML component to play? If so, I do not like that at all since I would loose transparency and the ability to have different layers since HTML is always on top. So if this is true, then what will happen once HTML5 does take over and Adobe does loose focus on SWFs? I know that Flash is not dead for creating the content, but I am not so sure about the end file of SWFs. I am wondering if the default export will be Javascript/HTML5.

Any insight would be great as I know not what I am talking about, just being a concerned user that has heard a great deal for those who supposedly know what they are talking about. Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines