December 03, 2021, 01:10:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: External video refresh  (Read 4585 times)

allwecan

• View Profile
External video refresh
« on: September 21, 2012, 01:25:03 AM »
Hello! I'm trying to put an external video (from the public link of Dropbox: newbielink:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63530996/video01.mp4 [nonactive]) in my timeline and it's work fine, but when I changed the video source it doesn't change on the Signage Player... how I can force the refresh or clean the cache?
Thanks!  ;)

HVL

• View Profile
Re: External video refresh
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 04:16:59 AM »
Does cutting the power or killing the player-process work? I realize this may not be an efficient way to do it, though.
Have you attempted pressing the "clear player caching" in the stations-tab? Second button from the right (looks like an eraser).
Just a thought.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 05:08:48 AM »
External videos arent cached.... could be some delay from dropbox updating the file..

2 things to consider

1. delay of updating file from dropbox
2. new video will play the next time the timeline loops.

allwecan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 01:42:04 AM »
Hello,
I tried to put the video in a webserver and we still have the same problem. The timeline makes the loop 1,2,3... times and always shows the first video that I was loaded. I forced the refresh with "clear player caching" and "update signageplayer with new changes" and nothing... I have made the check that the content has changed in the external route (via firefox), and it works...
It's so important to find a solution because that's one of the most powerful things that we find in Mediasignage for our clients... thanks! ;)

HVL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 05:35:21 AM »
How about running the video through a HTML component with the <video> tag from html5? Supports autoplay... It might be a bad idea, but worth a try.

Code: [Select]
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Autoplay Test</title>
</head>

<body>
<video width="320" height="240" controls="" autoplay="autoplay">
  <source src="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63530996/video01.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
</video>
</body>

</html>

Upload the above to a site and refer the HTML object to it. Also, tweak the height and width to the correct values.

allwecan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 01:38:25 AM »
Thanks HVL for your reply, but I think that Mediasignage doesn't support the video tag of HTML5... I have tried with OGG and MP$ and nothing... :'(

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines