December 01, 2021, 01:23:04 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Security certificate check????  (Read 4164 times)

globalimages69

• View Profile
Security certificate check????
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:07:26 AM »
This happened probably after what I believed was an automatic background update of a player from probably 4.x.45 to 47 or so .... I got a windows pop-up saying:

"revocation information for the security certificate for the site is not available do you want to proceed"

Here is a screenshot.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4792/signage2.jpg

and the player is stuck there. Studio claims the player was waiting or something, I could reboot it, but then it would either display a black screen, display a "presentation will resume momentarily" animation or would just get stuck at "init" ... Regardless, at best, the same screen would show up. I also commanded a remote clear cache from studio, but it would still not boot into the presentation.

I retrieved the station and are in the process of further diagnostics. As far as I know, this win7 64 player was fully updated about a week ago and working fine until about 2-3 days when this happened.

Date and time in the station are the correct ones, and again, windows update was run there about 1 week ago and it all seemed fine. Suspecting something during the "automatic background" upgrade from .45 to .47 or so and also know this station has been experimenting some internet connection problems (ISP is cutting off ADSL service every now and then, they are trying to fix it).

globalimages69

• View Profile
Re: Security certificate check????
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 05:54:18 AM »
Yeah, all sorts of weird problems I couldn't fix (i.e. I deleted cache in users/app/roaming etc) and it wouldn't let me register a new station but if I copied the cache content from another station, it worked) and lots of weird stuff until I had to "delete" the player (renamed programs(86)\signage player folder) and re-installed manually from the web.

From that point on, no problems.

Seems the player installation got messed up somehow. Maybe.

I disabled the "check for certificate revoke" option in windows/ie "internet options" to see if it avoids the issue in the future, but I couldn't really reproduce the problem (as much as it was easy to do yesterday) or get things working properly until I re-installed the player and deleted the cache (but deleting the cache only would still not get me the presentation running, as it would not register the "new" station in real mode.

globalimages69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 06:00:26 AM »
And BTW, ever since I started to use adobe's 3.4 new beta, I also notice a weird "flash" on the screen SOMETIMES when the presentation is about to display PNG images (like a portion of the png gets written to the wrong place on the screen for a split-second and then goes away and the proper full png is displayed in the proper place). You may want to do heavy testing on png's 'cos I have the feeling there is some graphic glitch somewhere with them, but maybe it's related to air and not player itself.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 06:34:39 AM »
thanks for reporting...
keep us posted...

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 08:44:53 AM »
globalimages69

I see from your image, that you were trying to hide some of your information. All that information is still visible in the station view image behind it. I did not have a way to PM you, otherwise I would have.

globalimages69

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that, but decided it was not really important. But thanks for the warning!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines