January 28, 2020, 03:56:37 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: breaking news able to overlap content?  (Read 2452 times)

mr0ldie

• View Profile
breaking news able to overlap content?
« on: August 09, 2012, 05:51:54 AM »
I need to be able to add breaking news (gathered from media RSS) to my players. When the company posts a breaking news story, I want to cover currently running content with this new media. Am I able to do this with the current features of signage studio?

My thoughts were to place a viewer/channel with the media RSS feed over all the content and somehow restrict it to only play items from the feed that are newer than 30 minutes or so. Will that work or is there a better way? I would like to use something more flexible like external html but I also need it to not show unless there is content. Thanks in advance!

crichmon

• View Profile
Re: breaking news able to overlap content?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 08:22:38 AM »
Have you found out anything further regarding your question, whether in-forum or not.  I have the need for monitoring University emergency feeds, but only want to show content in the actual case of an emergency.

John Maddox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
There is the Common Alerting Protocol (crichmon I realize this doesn't meet your need)...but I have no clue how to utilize it.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 07:44:01 PM »
Yeah, I know that MediaSignage has this on their list of items to work on, but in the meantime, there are several companies out there that can help. I was researching one company in particular, Alertus, and it looks like their system will override the player when alerted. I am guessing that the software has a software priority that will override any other software in the system. I would however, like to see it in our own system, because a timeline trigger would be beneficial for so many different other applications.

http://www.alertus.com/signage/

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines