November 19, 2019, 03:36:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Dynamic content?  (Read 3120 times)

mr0ldie

• View Profile
Dynamic content?
« on: August 03, 2012, 06:45:31 AM »
Hello, I'm new to media signage so forgive me if this is a no-brainer. The project I'm working on will require 40-50 video ads playing in rotation along with alternating RSS feeds and other random, alternating snippets.

I would like to use about six different layouts (timelines?) with each running for about 1-2 minutes. However, the ads and feeds need to still run in a set sequence while still caching to be viewable if the player goes offline. Is this possible and where do I read up on it? Thanks.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic content?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »
I would start of with the videos on Multi-Output and Common Channels. I am sure there is something else in there, but they are a good start.

mr0ldie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 09:44:13 AM »
Thanks Criley, I'll check those out.

mr0ldie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »
I don't think that's what I'm looking for. I still want the same information on each screen, I would just like to be able to dynamically (preferably driven by a database) assign the media rather than creating timelines for each ad and changing them often.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »
what is your email address?

mr0ldie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 08:12:41 AM »
I probably should clarify better what it is I want to do. I want to be able to determine the images and videos used in my ads externally so that I can just create "templates" for the ads in signage studio and then when I need to add or remove an image and videos, I can do that externally by modifying some file/database. I hope this is clearer. Any help would be appreciated.

As a side note, I have a very low budget right now so cost effective options are a must. Thanks again.

HVL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, there is no way to do what you want, with the current modules in SignageStudio.
I think I saw admin write somewhere, that the developers are redesigning the ad-engine to support 'ad-packages' that you can easily edit.

If you were only using images, you could've used the HTML-element to link to an external server (ftp), and show the images with a javascript slideshow. I wouldn't do that with video, though..

mr0ldie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 05:18:25 AM »
Thank you HVL.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines