December 07, 2019, 08:46:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Strange issue with FlyPaper SWF  (Read 6954 times)

lcaylor

• View Profile
Re: Strange issue with FlyPaper SWF
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 11:42:25 AM »
Did this ever get resolved. I've been considering Flypaper but I'm not going to commit $2-3K in licensing fees if the product doesn't work seamlessly with MediaSignage? You would think it would be in the best interest of both companies to come up with a solution with minimal limitations.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 03:28:58 PM »
We fully support Flypaper with the exception of swf transparency, besides that, all is supported.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 08:28:09 AM »
lcaylor,

Like Admin said...Transparency is the only this that does not work and as I now understand it from both parties, this would be a HUGE undertaking to get it to work. The only other Bug with the MediaSignage and 3rd party SWFs that I have found, and I am not really sure if it is a bug or just a limitation of Windows is that in order for you to move the 3rd party SWF around on a scene with your mouse, you need to change the view size in the upper right hand corner of the stage from 100% to something lower. This will turn the SWF into a gray box that is now transformable (Size of the HTML window, Location on the scene) with the use of the mouse. If you are using OS X, you can do do this from any view size and at 100% you will be able to see the actual SWF in real time. Now I am not sure if it is a 100% OS thing or that the Windows box needs a setting changed for the GPU. I have not heard if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

I can certainly introduce you to the folks who I am working with at FlyPaper as they have been great to work with. Just PM me and I 'll put you in touch with them.

lcaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
Thanks for the update. I can live without the transparency feature so my next step will be to download a demo and give it a try.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines