October 22, 2019, 05:23:41 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Strange issue with FlyPaper SWF  (Read 6808 times)

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Strange issue with FlyPaper SWF
« on: July 29, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »
Running in 4.0.19 and the web version (Don't know what version that is. I was told 3.x) I have been having some strange issues. In the web version, when I uploaded a SWF to a new scene, the CSS of the whole studio completely changed. Another issue I have found is that a SWF created in FlyPaper, (I have one that is 1920x1080) continues off the page to the right to come off the stage and overlap the settings area on the right using the desktop versions. Even when I select another resource, the SWF never goes away. Also trying to delete a SWF created by FlyPaper is almost impossible when its part of a scene as you need to right click on the resource to delete, well the Flash menu appears instead of the Studio options. I have followed Sean's video by uploading the SWF, checking 3rd party and the saving.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Strange issue with FlyPaper SWF
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
I just downgraded to 3.x for the desktop version and I am having the same issues with the web version. The CSS of the program is completely changed to a greenish theme and the program is pretty much unusable. I have to shut down Studio and reload it. I know that 3.7 of FlyPaper is coming out very shortly, but I am not sure if that will have any effect on my issues right now.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
We ONLY support Flypaper swf in SignagePlayer Desktop version 4.0 beta with 3rd party switch on!

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 08:32:43 PM »
You know, I don't think that comment was appropriate.  :'(

I am trying to help here make your product better so we can have a better product for our projects. Since you have said, "We ONLY support Flypaper swf in SignagePlayer Desktop version 4.0 beta with 3rd party switch on!", I am asking for just that please. The good people at FlyPaper are trying their best to research and correct the issue if they can from their end. You have a big issue with SWF files from FlyPaper. Specifically the Windows Desktop version. Version 4.0.20 to be precise. I tried it on 4.0.19 as well and have received the same issues. Funny thing is that the Apple version does not have this issue, as it just works as expected.

Here is an error message I have received from The Windows version a second ago.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
   at PlayerPosAndSizePage/onSizeChanged()[C:\MediaSignageDepot\Solution\4.0\Packages\Player\Lib\PlayerPosAndSizePage.mxml:198]
   at PlayerPosAndSizePage/__player_width_focusOut()[C:\MediaSignageDepot\Solution\4.0\Packages\Player\Lib\PlayerPosAndSizePage.mxml:458]
   at flash.display::Stage/set focus()
   at mx.managers::FocusManager/deactivateWindowHandler()
   at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
   at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
   at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[E:\dev\4.y\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:13152]
   at spark.components::WindowedApplication/nativeWindow_deactivateHandler()[E:\dev\4.y\frameworks\projects\airspark\src\spark\components\WindowedApplication.as:2749]

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 07:02:19 AM »
yes this is a limitation as we use an HTML wrapper for the 3rd party compatibility mode that makes it works perfectly in Desktop player, unfortunately this technology is not supported by Adobe in Flash Web player and thus we only support it in the Desktop player, hope it's more clear now, regards.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 09:17:09 AM »
Not entirely, so the limitation is with only the Windows Version of the Desktop Studio? And we are expected to receive error messages every time to where we cannot even save our projects if we ever use the Flash builder, who you are supposedly (according to FlyPaper themselves) their #1 referrer, that you highly suggest and refer as your partner.

Do you have any other suggestions besides FlyPaper?  I have just paid almost $3,000 for a piece of software that may or may not work now, all based on your recommendations. Apparently it cannot even do transparency which is a huge limitation if we want to use it with or digital signage projects. It's not good if it has to be your base layer. But if I cannot even save it, it is pretty unusable anyhow.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:56:49 AM by criley »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
No let me explain again.

We fully support Flypaper with our most important product, the SignagePlayer Desktop version (and soon Android player).
We DO NOT support it on the SignagePlayer Web version and iOS.

Regards.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 02:05:04 PM »
I apparently am not making myself clear.

Right this very second, I DO NOT CARE ABOUT SIGNAGE PLAYER..........

It does me no good if I cannot get it to the player in the first place, right?

So, what I have been talking about since the very first post is Signage STUDIO. Yes the desktop version as well. So if you can be so kind and tell me how I can get the swf file from Flypaper to the PLAYER if you can't even get it into the STUDIO? Is there another way by bypassing STUDIO?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 11:36:55 AM »
The Flypaper swf works perfectly in Studio.

1. Export swf from Flypaper
2. In SignageStudio 4.0 > Resources > + upload resource
3. Mark for "3rd party compatibility"
4. Click File > save

must be in order above.
works 100%

Regards

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 04:41:57 PM »
Never Mind... I don't think this is going to get resolved  :-\ until someone else complains or sees the issue. I will just work with the OS X desktop studio. I am not sure how it works 100% for you.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 10:49:11 PM »
I took it a step further and had a few people from the live chat share my screen so they can see for themselves. They now say it is apparently a bug. So it is not 100%, but hopefully soon it will be. ;)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »
From what I understand, the issue is that you require a transparent Flypaper swf which we do not support, so all backgrounds must be included in the Flypaper swf.

Sean.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
Sean,

Your understanding is incorrect. There were two issues and most of this topic is about the bug and a small mention about transparency. The first issue we talked about was this whole topic and how the windows studio is having issues that the mac is not. Durring the chat, this is what was said by your own team member, "Lawrence T: yeah the 1st issue looks to be a bug ".  So, I am happy that it has finally been admitted that it is a bug after all. Why you would not want to admit it or fix it is beyond me. Basically if your stage is larger than your screen, say set at 100% on a windows machine, then you have the issue. If you resize the stage to fit entirely on your screen, say 50%, it works. The SWF file gets grayed out when the stage is not at 100%, but that is on both platforms.

Anyhow, since you have brought up my other topic in this discussion about transparency, I received a phone call from the head developer at FlyPaper this evening and they are eager to get their SWF files to work seamlessly with MediaSignage and to have all of the functions to work such as transparency. Apparently there is some confusion as to what platform you both are on and they do not know why it will not work natively if MediaSignage is Flex based. I was told by them, that their platform is 100% built on Flex from Adobe, and nothing is modified.

If both companies get together and find a solution to the transparency issue and any other issues that may be caused by the HTML wrapper, then you both would have an awesome relationship and we would have an even better set of tools to work with. Let me know if you are interested and I can setup a meeting and put you in touch with the right people to get it done.

Thank you for helping to build a great signage system. I think it is one of the best systems out there, even with some of the bugs and I feel it has the potential to be the best once we are out of Beta and on a stable version. I eagerly await.

:)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:15:36 PM by criley »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 09:24:37 PM »
For the Transparency I doubt we can find a workaround since we embed the Flypaper in an HTML wrapper (thus "3rd party compatibility mode").

For the bug, please explain what is the issue, or I can also ask Lawrence to explain.

Thanks,

Sean.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »
I have already explained it here multiple times. I would be happy if you want to set a time up where I can show you through screen sharing. This would probably be the best way. As for the transparency issue, the offer stands when you are ready. The whole point is to be able to do away with the HTML wrapper and just have it work natively with MediaSignage.  I am sure we can make it work somehow.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines