November 19, 2019, 03:23:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Campaign start and stop dates  (Read 3436 times)

warwickwater

• View Profile
Campaign start and stop dates
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:56:07 PM »
Clearly a major selling point in DS is 'up to the minute information'. We need to be able to add (and remove) time sensitive information within campaigns - ie "come to tonights party' drops off after the party (I dont work Sundays !!) or "foam party tomorrow" will start being played on date xyz 24 hours before the event.

I'm sorry if I'm missing it somewhere obvious but how do we achieve this? (eg by means of campaign? timeline? sequence?)

Thanks.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign start and stop dates
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 06:40:39 AM »
You can do this via the Scheduler option.

Check this video for reference
http://www.mediasignage.com/html/reseller_video.html?videoNumber=campaignSched

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 11:59:04 AM »
The problem with the scheduler function is that you must schedule entire timelines.  So, adding the foam party event will require you to have one timeline without it and one with it.  Both must be scheduled.  This is not a problem if you only have a few events to schedule but what happens if you have ten or twenty...and then multiple client projects on top of that?  Yes, it becomes a true nightmare to keep track of and schedule.

All of these problems can be alleviated it you are able to schedule individual content/resources instead of timelines.  A playlist component would absolutely address this problem.  See posts from AVGEEK regarding his ideas and suggestions for this.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »
We will look into this as a possible add-on for enterprise users in the future. We want to give all the advantages to enterprises subscribers, so that it will drive your business up.

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 09:07:13 AM »
We will look into this as a possible add-on for enterprise users in the future. We want to give all the advantages to enterprises subscribers, so that it will drive your business up.

Thank you for looking into this issue, Media Signage!!  As an Enterprise user, I would be most grateful for this scheduling add on and would not hesitate to pay for it.

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »
I know you're busy but I just want this topic to stay on your radar.  Thanks for all your hard work!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »
yes noted!

paulie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 11:30:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure you would be able to achieve this with the combination of scene editor, catalog items and proof of play......I think.  ::)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines