April 16, 2021, 03:15:06 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Template Builder and Placeholders  (Read 2960 times)

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Template Builder and Placeholders
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »
It would be really nice if we could build our own Templates in which we would use placeholders in the timeline. Not actuall images or files, but just open placeholders like the channels to the sign template. So I could build a whole template where I could just drag and drop an asset onto the placeholder and the placeholder would be replaced with the asset while including the specs of the placeholder. This could be accomplished on the timeline itself or similar to the dragging of a scene to a component in properties. Maybe it's already in the works?  ;)

Call it storyboard builder or something?

StarVue

• View Profile
Re: Template Builder and Placeholders
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 07:16:18 PM »
I 2nd this feature!!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 09:20:32 PM »
We already support place holders in release 4.0

1. double click a resource on the timeline, like an image
2. under it's properties > last tab (in case of image will be swf tab)
3. under the Swf entry box you will see the name of the resources / image
4. just drag and drop a NEW IMAGE to the Entry text box under the properties of the selected image
5. the resource gets swapped, hence, a place holder was used to easily replace the resource on the timeline

done!

Regards,

Sean.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 10:39:07 PM »
Thanks for the Tip Sean, but not really the same thing. Close though. I just tried that with The Home and Garden sample. That idea works for Resources such as images but not for Scenes or Components. I think the closest thing to this may be a Collection, but that is stretching it and it can't do Components. Maybe there is another way. I am just used to video editing where I can drop an asset on the timeline and if it overlaps it will ask me if I want to replace the one on the timeline or if I just want to add this in addition. Maybe I am not being getting my idea across. Thanks again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines