October 27, 2020, 05:25:29 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Signage Studio ten times slower  (Read 2284 times)

Sensarium

• View Profile
Signage Studio ten times slower
« on: July 21, 2012, 08:20:13 PM »
Is anybody else having this problem? My SignageStudio has become practically unusable. I am running version 3.0.1110. It started last night, I started having trouble saving back to the server. It would hang at "Synchronizing" and never do anything. If I waited long enough (around five minutes) it might go to the save dialogue, but then I could count on another 3-5 minutes of waiting.

Restarting the application would sometimes help, but then start to slow down again. Nothing has changed on my station or the network except some AIR updates that I had to apply from Adobe. Another symptom is that when I try to download resources to the SignageStudio application, what used to take a few minutes to do now takes around 40 minutes, like download a five minute mp4. This used to take about five minutes before.

I'm open to any suggestions.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Signage Studio ten times slower
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 07:05:34 AM »
I sent you an email, I don't see any issues on our end.
Please email me details and account info so we can debug it.

Regards,

Sean.

Sensarium

• View Profile
Re: Signage Studio ten times slower
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 08:26:19 PM »
I did send the info. Here is what I ended up doing:

1. Used the web version of Signage Studio and that works fine for saving.
2. Decided to try the beta for the first time. I'm having the exact same problems saving back to the server. Now I get this in the command box:

warning: unable to bind to property 'locked' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher) It just says this over and over. And it never saves anything. When restarting the studio, which is the only possible way to continue, when you first go to edit a scene, this is what comes in the command window:

warning: unable to bind to property 'title' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'description' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'iKnow' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'videoURL' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'title' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'description' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'iKnow' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'videoURL' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)

I think the new version will fit my needs more than the prior version, but I cannot save any of my work to test it. I'll keep trying...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines