April 11, 2021, 09:20:22 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: LCD Manufacture recomendations  (Read 3725 times)

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
LCD Manufacture recomendations
« on: July 16, 2012, 09:08:22 PM »
I am looking at purchasing a few displays in the near future and before I did, I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts from experience on their favorite brands. Currently I am looking at NEC, LG and ELO. I have not had any issues at all with my NEC monitors, in fact they still look awesome even though they are plasma. No burn in what so ever. The Samsungs on the other hand didn't last two years before there was major burn in. It has been about 6 years since I bought the Samsungs, so maybe they have changed since or at least the LCDs are better then they were. I have seen may LG's installed and I have not heard of any issues with them, but that is why I am asking the community what you all have experienced. I have also seen the ELO brand, but those are mainly used for touch screens. I believe that they have cpu's built in them as an option so I am not sure if these would be a great option since the player is already built in. I am sure I will be placing touch screens out there, so that is why I have added that as well. Thanks for everyone's input.

John Maddox

• View Profile
Re: LCD Manufacture recomendations
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »
I roll with LG.  It's a personal preference, but I like the product and it seems to give a great picture- all at a fairly reasonable price.  I like that you can set time on/off on the TV as well as the player.

Advicast Multimedia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 08:54:35 AM »
Hi Guys this is another question, rather than an answer.
I am having an issue with the screens we use they are great screens but have no RS232 Remote Control so I am not able to tell if the screens are on.
We provide services to a Large advertising company and they chose the screens how de we find a good cost effective way to tell if they are on and on the correct input?
Please advise.
Advicast

Zhane Canalpan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 08:37:26 PM »
The recommendation by most manufacturers is that an
LCD should allowed to warm to normal room temperature before using.

newbielink:http://www.netrepair.com.au/ [nonactive]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 07:02:40 AM by Zhane Canalpan »

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:26:17 PM »
Thanks jmaddox. I used to be able to keep up with the different manufactures as there used to be only four who produced for the rest. It has been a few years and the companies keep buying each other.  The timer on the tv is great until the loss of power, then I have always had to reprogram the clock and timers. I have reading up on the RS232 usage with MediaSignage in the forums to see how it can be used. The system I have now, can do it within the player controls. I was thinking that maybe building a Javascript and running it in the background of the timelines as an option with the HTML component or just using the TaskScheduler to run the script as a possibility.

@Advicast - I am not sure what you could do in your situation unless you set up a webcam that points at the screen.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines