December 01, 2021, 03:24:49 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Loading progress bar disabling option  (Read 3323 times)

globalimages69

• View Profile
Loading progress bar disabling option
« on: April 07, 2012, 09:28:50 AM »
Hi,

Just tried the new alpha 3.1 (3.2?) player and playback of a video-after-another behaviour seems to have changed. The old player would fade between the videos while the new one seems to stop at the end, then spend some time loading the new video while a "progress bar indicator" shows up on the screen, and finally plays it back.

Though I liked the behaviour of the old player better, if now it must be done the new way, or regardless, I think it would be useful if there was an option to disable "progress bar loading" indicators to show up in any screen for any resource, as sometimes black/blank is MUCH preferable to any such "loading" graphics.

conexia

• View Profile
Re: Loading progress bar disabling option
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 11:14:41 AM »
I have observed that the behaviour you say is only when videos are loading for the first time. I?ve setup a new player and the first time I saw the progress bar but when all videos are uploaded to the player all looks as in 3.0 version

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 05:54:27 AM »
This is correct, once the videos are fully cached you should not be getting that loading sign at all, unless you are using a very weak processor.

globalimages69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »
Still, any way to avoid displaying "loading" progress bars altogether??? This would be VERY desirable for aesthetic reasons, even if they only occur the first time a video plays.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »
you can register the station, then wait for everything to cache before clicking on the play button. Other than that nothing else i can think of.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines