January 20, 2019, 11:29:29 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Android Details (Specs, Permissions, etc)  (Read 1874 times)

Zilous

• View Profile
Android Details (Specs, Permissions, etc)
« on: April 04, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »
I spotted a few instances where you recommend a "dual or quad core" Android device. Though, there can always be a comparable CPU not running dual or quad in due time, so I'm curious if you have an actual recommendation in regards to MHz/GHz and Ram for Android tablets (I doubt many people would display this on their phones). Or, a list of fully functional devices, limited playback, and general list of incompatible devices (say, "Android 2.0 and below" as an example).

In addition, I tested the player on a Nexus S (it was the closest thing I had), and noticed the screen does not remain on. While someone could manage to go through the settings and enable the screen to remain on, do you have plans to add permissions to have the screen permanently on and brightness adjusted? In addition, the phone's buttons, such as Back and Home worked, effectively disabling the application. I'm not sure if this was relative to the sluggish performance due to the phone being slow (sad, considering it's only a little over a year old, but unrelated), or if it actually does not disable the features. If not, a customer can simply walk up to a tablet or phone and press the Back or Home buttons to escape the application.

Overall, I've enjoyed the features the application has so far, and commend you for the efforts, I look forward to the development of the software.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Android Details (Specs, Permissions, etc)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:43:06 PM »
Hello,

We don't have recommendation as every Android device is different.
For example the Samsung 10.1 does not work very well with HD video while the Samsung 7 works great with HD video; while both use the same processor and specs.

So it's best to try.
As for screen off, install: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.k2.no.screen.off&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5rMi5uby5zY3JlZW4ub2ZmIl0.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines