December 01, 2021, 12:20:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Signagecontroller activate close Windows 7 window.  (Read 7756 times)

Minios

• View Profile
Signagecontroller activate close Windows 7 window.
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:16:04 AM »
Hi, my problem is that when I enter the SigangeController to the StartUp Menu in windows 7, it activates Windows 7 close window after run SignagePlayer normally. This window appears in front of the SignagePlayer.

Could you help me?

Thanks.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Signagecontroller activate close Windows 7 window.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »
this is a known issue with players running on none English windows 7 OS,
only way to fix is to run English windows or follow this guide
http://www.froggie.sk/
to add English language support on your windows installation.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »
Please try this work around as well.

Download and extract this file into a folder and add the HideTaskBar.exe into the startup folder of your windows installation.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24684390/HideTaskbar.zip

Let me know if it helps,

fmincione

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 04:18:08 AM »
I have the same problem.
Hide Taskbar doesn't work

globalimages69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 04:48:22 AM »
Hey, I just started having a similar problem.

The windows taskbar doesn't close (windows 7 embedded standard 64bits sp1 updated english), the cursor remains in the middle of the screen, and when I ask studio to reboot or turn off the station the windows 7 "windows will close in 1 minute" dialog appears.

AFTER I had already starting having the problem, I've tried the usual plus some unusual to see if it went away. I updated graphics drivers, updated to AIR 3.3 and even to player 4.0.3 alpha. I still get the cursor on the screen and the hint of the taskbar at the bottom and the "windows will close in 1 minute" dialog (whenever the machine is about to turn off or reboot).

I've tried deleting the cache directory and re-registering the player.

And changing the player from test mode back to "real mode".

Anything anybody can think (developers) in the way the desktop is "shut off" that could be affecting this? Is this the controller.exe job? Is any external software called to do this? (i.e. shutdown.exe?) Anything we can test?

I will try "hidetaskbar.exe" next ...

BTW, the windows's taskbar's "START" button IS disabled, and I'm running no other sofware (no antiviruses or anything other than stock windows) and NOTHING in the notification area (not even the window clock or volumen icon gadget or graphcis card control center etc) ... everything I can think of is disabled ...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:55:18 AM by globalimages69 »

globalimages69

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 05:24:59 AM »
hidetaskbar.exe hides the taskbar, but I still get the cursor arrow pointer stuck in the middel of the screen instead of hiding and the windows will reboot in 1 minute message upon automatic station switch off ...

ecolmar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 09:13:11 AM »
Hello

I am experiencing a similar issue.
French Windows Seven 32bits.
When launching Controller, message from Windows saying it wants to close down.
I used HideTaskBar.exe, but it doesn't work : a process named RebootScreen.exe appears, and the screen turns blacks, then flashes once in a while...
Then, the SignagePlayer process uses more and more memory, and then crashes.

Is there, now, an "official" and effective solution to that problem ?

Thansk

globalimages69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 09:06:51 PM »
BTW, I still have this problem.

My taskbar still "shows up" at some point soon after boot and the player starts working and remains on all the time. I can't effectively hide it for good. I just had to leave the presentations with a little "grey bar" at the bottom and account for it on the design. And whenever I ask the station to turn off, the "Windows must shutdown in 1 minute" windows appears and then windows turns off 1 minute later.

Not a huge problem, but an inconvenience. Although the taskbar not being permanently and effectively hidden could certainly be a huge deal in many other situations or future projects.

The stations have a very "clean" configuration, with no notifications, antiviruses or anything weird in the taskbar. I even turned off windows clock and sound volumen icons. There is nothing in the bar "running" appart from the "show desktop" icon at the very right. They are english windows 7 64 embedded though, which may be unusual.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 05:49:26 AM »
BTW, I still have this problem.

My taskbar still "shows up" at some point soon after boot and the player starts working and remains on all the time. I can't effectively hide it for good. I just had to leave the presentations with a little "grey bar" at the bottom and account for it on the design. And whenever I ask the station to turn off, the "Windows must shutdown in 1 minute" windows appears and then windows turns off 1 minute later.

Not a huge problem, but an inconvenience. Although the taskbar not being permanently and effectively hidden could certainly be a huge deal in many other situations or future projects.

The stations have a very "clean" configuration, with no notifications, antiviruses or anything weird in the taskbar. I even turned off windows clock and sound volumen icons. There is nothing in the bar "running" appart from the "show desktop" icon at the very right. They are english windows 7 64 embedded though, which may be unusual.

Run the station in real mode should effectively hide the task bar in windows 7.  The other issues i dont really quite understand what the problem is... you ask the station to shutdown or reboot and it comes up with "Windows must shutdown in 1 minute" which is normal and they way it is supposed to work. The thread starters issue was his station was coming up with  a SHUT DOWN windows  message everytime it loads the signage controller in REAL mode. And the fix for that was to add the hidetaskbar shortcut in the startup folder. Your issue is totally different. The fix has been used by a lot of users and confirmed working.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines