October 06, 2022, 01:14:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Firefox External App disappears  (Read 3281 times)

FDUSA

Firefox External App disappears
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »
There seems to be a bug with the External App component when used with Firefox. I have the External App component set up in one division--with Firefox, and an HTML component in another division. Whenever I navigate through the HTML component with the mouse (It's a webpage), the Firefox division disappears, and it displays a black division with the words "External App". When I stop the signage display (ESC and code), I briefly see the Firefox division BEHIND the signage, then it disappears along with the rest of the signage. Somehow Firefox gets thrown behind because of a rogue click.  ???

I've tested the External App with other applications such as Notepad, etc. But Firefox is the only one that has this problem! Any ideas?

Thanks so much

admin

• Administrator
Re: Firefox External App disappears
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 04:03:55 AM »
This isn't a bug, the way the ext app component works is, it loads a Firefox window "on top" of the  screen division its assigned to its a separate app from 8) the Signage Player application. So this setup wont work for an interactive setup since the moment you click on the Signage player area, the firefox windows is forced behind the signage player app.

FDUSA

Re: Firefox External App disappears
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 01:39:35 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! I think I may have fixed the problem in a roundabout way due to your explanation. :) I found a Firefox add-on called "Always on Top" that allows you to force the Firefox app to remain in front of all other apps at all times. This is perfect! I haven't had a problem with it since, let's hope it stays that way!

Thanks for your guidance. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines