December 04, 2021, 11:28:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Bug with Weather Scene Days  (Read 2521 times)

teethstraight

• View Profile
Bug with Weather Scene Days
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:21:21 AM »
Almost every Monday morning, when I review our system network, several of our screens using the weather component display 'today' as Saturday instead of Monday. This obviously then affects the subsequent days (reading in relation to 'today'/Saturday). Some Mondays, certain screens are fine and are displaying as they should, and then other times they are not. The problem is irregular week to week, from player to player. However, once the problem is corrected, the day displays correctly for the whole week, until Sunday/Monday.

In order to correct the screen, I remotely update the player. This usually fixes the problem, but some days (like today) it takes several updates over several hours before it corrects. All players are usually corrected around noon (EST).

What makes this even more confusing is when I preview the scene within SignageStudio in the campaign tab or in an external browser, it displays correctly. In addition, I have some players running on the Galaxy server and others on the Mercury server. The problem occurs randomly across all players on both servers.

Is anyone experiencing this problem?

Admin, any information would be greatly appreciated. I spoke to someone on Live Chat a few weeks ago about this. They suggested re-caching the player. This fixed the problem on some, but not on others. As the problem is still an ongoing occurrence, re-caching every Monday morning is not a suitable solution as the content we are playing is in excess of 10GB.

Thanks. ???     

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines