October 21, 2020, 12:15:54 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: RTMP Buffer  (Read 3732 times)

Bencredible

• View Profile
RTMP Buffer
« on: December 13, 2011, 10:37:42 AM »
First off, new user but I'm absolutely loving SignageStudio. We're going to be using it for some very epic stuff involving rockets and spaceships.

One thing I am trying to do is pull in a live feed from our launch sites at Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg. We use Wowza so I can output RTMP feeds no problem and in fact I do have it working as an external video feed in SignageStudio. The problem is that the video is very jerky and not smooth at all. From what I can tell the buffer is set to 0, which Flash hates.

My questions related to this are:

- Can I somehow increase the video buffer as to get fluid video. The same feeds through JWPlayer with a buffer of .8 look very nice. Change that buffer to 0 in JWPlayer and they become jerky just like in SignageStudio.

- Once a buffer is added, there will be a bit of black as the live stream loads. Is it possible to load the video in the background but on top of the video have a still image just as a Google Earth screenshot with weather atop so while it is loading we can have something covering the blank image?

Thanks,

Benjamin Higginbotham
Video Systems Admin, SpaceX

Bencredible

• View Profile
Re: RTMP Buffer
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 02:34:51 PM »
So I had a clever idea. If I could simply wrap the RTMP URL in to a SWF player that had a buffer time of something like '1' rather than .1 or 0 it may work more like JWPlayer does.

Opened Flash Pro CS 5.5, added a video with my RTMP live url. It all shows up, yay! Went to adjust the buffer, and... There is no option to adjust the buffer. I know this can be done, but it looks it it can't be done with the standard FLVPlayer object.

Anyone have any idea how to quickly and easily create a SWF player with a buffer that will work in MediaSignage?

Thanks,

Benjamin

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines