February 23, 2020, 05:19:29 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Content Distribution  (Read 2503 times)

cntv

• View Profile
Content Distribution
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:35:10 AM »
Seems like MS is missing an opportunity to make money? If they developed a way for resellers like myself to share content on the MS servers it would be another incentive and add value to the app. We just need a way to share,  protect and monetize the proposition.

Imagine how much easier it would be to exploit vertical markets  for users and re-sellers of MS with a general and specialized content library. As you know, relevant content is essential to DS success. This is something, I believe,  MS has tried to do with their free business templates and the common folder. What incentive do we have to share our content in the FREE common folder?

Is it possible that MS could develop a private folder that has a payment gateway that allows re-sellers to subscribe and resale/redistribute content-as-a-service (CaaS) to their clients?

A feature like this, would create a recurrent income stream for everyone.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Content Distribution
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 05:13:02 PM »
The shared public option in 2.x releases is just a "proof of concept"; nothing more.

A public Library and resource exchange is definitely something we plan for. In fact the up coming 3.1 release and mediaSTORE will bring us one step closer to this (3.1 will bring component development using the entire  MediaSignage Software development kit).

In 2012 you will see many new features starting with release 3.1, and I am sure the mediaSTORE will mutate into something MUCH bigger over time...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines